How to edit PDF files online - our picks for online PDF editors
Nowadays, editing PDF files online is something that is very popular and very easy.
In our previous article "PDF: What It Is, And How PDF-To-Word Conversion Works", we described how the PDF standard was created, and how certain software can convert PDF documents to Word files. In the current article we will answer some questions about editing PDF files online in a few simple steps.
1. How do I edit a PDF file?
- To start editing your PDF, you need to open the file in Adobe Acrobat, then go to File>Open, select the Edit PDF tool in the right panel.
- Click on the text or image you'd like to edit using Acrobat editing tools: Add new text, edit text, or update fonts using selections from the Format list.
- Save your edited PDF: Name your file and click the “Save” button.
2. How do I make an editable PDF online? (How to create fillable PDF files?)
- Open Acrobat, then go to View>Tools>Prepare Form.
- Select a file or scan a document: Acrobat will automatically analyze your document and add form fields.
- To add new form fields, use the top toolbar and adjust the layout using tools in the right panel.
- Save your fillable PDF.
3. How do I edit a PDF file in Word?
- Go to File > Open.
- Find the PDF, and open it (select Browse and find the PDF in a folder).
- Word tells you that it's going to make a copy of the PDF and convert its contents into a format that Word can display. The original PDF won't be changed at all. Select OK.
4. How do I sign a PDF document?
- To sign a document in Android, first download the Adobe Fill & Sign application. Then, open the PDF document in Adobe Fill & Sign application. Tap the Sign icon in the bottom toolbar > Create Signature (if you have already added signatures or initials, they are displayed as options to choose from).
5. How can I import a PDF into Word?
- Open the Word document you want to insert a PDF into.
- Click Insert > Object... > From File...
- Choose the PDF file from the pop-up window, press Insert and your PDF should now be on the page.
6. How do you unlock a PDF file to print?
- Open the File in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC application.
- Select Tools>Protect>Encrypt>Remove Security.
- As the file has a permissions password, type it in the Enter Password box and click OK to confirm the action.
You can try one week for free Adobe Acrobat Pro DC . It came with full features, you can work with on any device, anywhere (laptop, mobile phone, and tablet), convert scans, images, web pages, and Microsoft 365 files to PDF, edit text and images, fill, sign, and send out live reviews of your document with Acrobat Pro DC and you can collect e-signatures and almost-instant feedback. This trial is available for both Windows and Mac OS.
Alternatively, you could have a look at our article for a list of free online services that can convert PDF files to Word files and you can check out our article about how to add your signature on a PDF document using only your Android phone .