"Fully customizable screen splitter"
Snapper is both a screen splitter and a virtual desktop creator. The idea behind both features within the Snapper app is to maximize the amount of screen real estate available.
The screen splitter essentially takes a number of open application windows and changes their appearance to fit as many of them as possible into a single desktop. Therefore, one web browser window can be configured to be long and slim which would be ideal to check the changing headlines on a news site like CNN or to view several pages for updates all from the same screen.
There are several different pre-set “splitters” which can change the viewing layout. Alternatively, it is possible to create custom splitters to suit the user. Hot keys can also be used to re-organize. There are also options to choose that can alter the behavior and appearance of each layout.
The virtual desktop comes in when using several of these possible layouts within Windows.
The software also supports multiple monitors so it is possible to have different splitter layouts and use a different one on each monitor or display.
The installation requires 3.5 MB of available space.
There was no adware, toolbars, spyware or malware included in the setup package.
Snapper requires Windows 7 or 8.
The interface is easy to use and quick to work with. There are options to switch between hundreds of different splitters that focus on a horizontal or vertical orientation. The user can quickly switch between them using just hot keys.
Multi-monitor support is also included for people who work with more than one display at once.
The interface is modern and clean.
- Maximize space by using different layouts that combine several application windows in a single desktop
- Use virtual desktops to extend what work can get done and how fast tasks can be completed when swapping rapidly between virtual desktops
- Elegant solution to get more out of the available workspace
- Simple interface
- Multi-monitor support to use different multi-application layouts on different display screens
- Hot keys supported
- Will take a bit of time to pick the best layout amongst the hundreds included with the program
- Could be quite confusing for first time users to a virtual desktop environment
VirtualWin is an alternative virtual desktop manager to get more out of the available screen real estate.
Snapper is a cool option to getting more out of the screen resolution. The software supports virtual desktops and multi-monitor display setup. Create or use templates for many possible desktop layouts of applications.
Requirements: Windows 7, 8, 10 using .Net Framework 4.5
What's new in this version: Improvements to usability and bug fixes. See https://dsoftworks.com/Home/Download for details
Top user review