Classic Shell 4.3.1
- Developer Link 1 (non https ClassicShellSetup_4_3_1.exe)
- Developer Link 2 (non https)
- Developer Link 3 (non https)
- Download3k US (ClassicShellSetup_4_3_1.exe)
- Download3k EU (ClassicShellSetup_4_3_1.exe)
All files are original. Download3K does not repack or modify downloads in any way. Check MD5 for confirmation.
Review & Alternatives
"Enhance the usability of Windows!"
Classic Shell is an interesting program that combines a new Windows Start menu, a toolbar for Windows Explorer, and title bar and status bar modifications that subtly improve what is already there with several versions of Windows.
For users of Windows 8/8.1 who miss the presence of the Windows Start menu, this software will put back an elegantly-designed Start menu instead. Internet Explorer gets some minor improvements which will help users of IE continue to be pleased with it before they eventually probably more over to the Project Spartan (name to be changed) browser in the upcoming Windows 10.
Windows Explorer can also benefit from some improvements and the toolbar that appears near the top is useful.
The features that will install with Classic Shell largely depend on what will work on different Windows systems. The software supports Windows systems from version 7 through to some advanced Windows Server versions.
The installer presents the options whether to install either the Classic Explorer, Classic Start Menu, Classic IE or Classic Shell Update. These options will differ between Windows systems because not all features are supported on every Windows system due to technical issues.
Classic Shell will work on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. The package supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
There is also a new version that is currently in beta which has added Windows 10 Technical Preview support as well, so clearly the developers will be updating their software for when the final Windows 10 is released.
The interface for the Classic Start Menu is pleasing and slimmer so it takes up less desktop space. Especially for users of Windows 8/8.1 who miss the Start menu, this is one way to get it back.
The Classic Explorer adds a toolbar and some new features which are easy to use. The essence of how Windows Explorer works remains unchanged.
The Classic IE is modified with improved status bar and title bar.
- Classic Shell can subtly improve the user experience with a new Start menu, Windows Explorer and IE refinements
- Better visuals
- Gives the Start menu back to people who miss it in Windows 8/8.1
- Interface will still look a tiny bit different than a user is used to, but they will quickly overcome this and reap the benefits.
Classic Shell adds some subtle improvements to what is already (usually) there with the Windows Start menu, Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer.
Popular downloads in Desktop Enhancements
- Vista Transformation Pack 9.0.1
Transform Windows XP to Vista alike for free!
- Universal Vista Inspirat Brico Pack Ultimate 2 1.0
An update for Vista Inspirat Brico Pack.
- Vista Visual Styles Pack 6.0
Change your old Windows XP theme.
- VistaMizer 18.104.22.168
Give your Windows XP the Vista look!
- Licking Dog Screen Cleaner Screen Saver 2.0
Licking Dog Screen Cleaner Screen Saver
- Acez Jump Start Screensaver 1.2
Activate your screen saver from your desktop!
- UberIcon 1.0.4
Adds effects to your Desktop and Explorer.
- Classic Shell 4.3.1
Enhance the usability of Windows!
- RocketDock 1.3.5
Application launcher simliar to the OSX Dock.
- free Image 2 Icon Converter 3.2
Convert from all images to transparent icons