"UNIX dedicated antivirus, easy to use."
The Avira AntiVir Professional (Unix) is protection program that is very powerful. This version offers a virus-free Linux environment for both home and network users on a global basis.
- Automatic updates of the latest virus signatures database and the antivirus engine.
- Full malware recognition, Trojans, backdoor programs, worms, and more. This program also detects adware and spyware, double extension files and unusual runtime compression tools.
- On access /on-close virus protection, utilizing the Dazuko kernal module on Linux platforms.
- Command line scanner ( on-demand ) configurable antivirus scanning for all known malware types.
- Extended protection against all known or yet to be discovered viruses utilizing the ability to employ advanced heuristics.
- Detailed reports giving warnings and notifications ( available for both admins and users ).
- Enhanced protection against unknown boot-sector viruses and issuing warnings and alerts for boot sectors that have suspicious formats.
- Optional user friendly graphic interfaces.
- Professional services as the Avira license entitles you to virus definitions update and product upgrades. Access to documentation as well as standard technical support. This is all offered by a team of skilled and high end professionals.
- It's compatible with 32-bit mode under 64-bit Linux systems as well as on-access scanning (UNIX).
- These features and much more make this software something that one must have now.
Requirements: i386 (Linux) or Sparc (SunOS) processor, 100 MB HDD, 256 MB RAM (512 MB on SunOS)
What's new in this version: EU
Top user review