Updated2 Dec 2013
Downloads636 (2 last week)
"Enterprise Application Framework with ORM"
Habanero is an Enterprise Application Framework which is used by .NET programmers to deliver agile developments quickly and flexibly.
The software has the ability to let programmers code faster. Database mapping is included, so information stored in databases can be convert to objects which can be used within computer code. The package can access numerous SQL relational database management systems like Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite and Oracle to be able to query database tables, extract important information and will manipulate that information programmatically. User interfaces to make it easier for users to enter new information (or revise existing records) are offered within the Habanero package as templates without the need to create them.
The framework uses Object Relational Mapping (ORM) which deals with complex links between data stores and the domain model objects. There is an SQL query engine that can deal with all database queries for the programmer. Whether this is looking up information, inserting a new customer record, updating a time-table or deleting a duplicate record, all without the need to create complex SQL coding like SQL JOINS in order to process these commands.
Custom coding strategies can still be adopted, but the framework removes a lot of the complexity and uncertainty surrounding their use by managing the heavy lifting so the coder can put their time into other areas that need their attention and focus.
The FireStarting GUI class definitions XML manager is included to make it easier to work with the popular XML language that is so usable today.
The installation ZIP archive comes with a package of files. These include the main software, plus a read-me file, a book and further instructions on how to install this software for .NET coding.
There was no malicious software added during installation.
Requires .NET Framework 4.0 and Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, 7 or 8
The interface is pretty standard for a coding package with many tabs and fields for information to be entered. For any half-decent programmer, the Habanero interface will be easy to use.
- Enterprise Application Framework focused around .NET coding and usage
- Create projects and develop code from a blank page
- Develop projects in less time with this framework than from a standard .NET development
- SQL queries, insertions, modifications and deletions are all handled inside the app without the programmer having to create them which cuts down development time when working with databases
- User-facing forms / templates are supplied with the software and link into databases
- Connect to a number of different database packages including MySQL, Oracle, MS Access, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, SQLite, and Firebird
- FireStarter GUI class definitions XML manager
- Another coding package to learn and master before the time-saving benefits kick in.
Habanero is an Enterprise Application Framework designed for use especially for the .NET coders to help speed up development.
Requirements: .NET 4.0
What's new in this version: Habanero 2.6.0 features more performance improvements and many bug fixes over 2.5.1. Also contains the latest version of FireStarter Modeller, a tool for creating and generation your domain model