Published by AB-Tools.com GmbH on 20 Apr 2014
"Building independent resource files."With this editor it is possible to build EXE file independent resource files, which can be read by any project over a DLL at runtime. This way, for example, also multilingual applications could be built easily.
You can just read the strings at runtime in the language you need at the moment. But not only strings, but also images, audio files, videos and every other type of files can be saved within the resource files and embedded at runtime (e. g. displaying of language specific videos possible).
While installing the editor, multiple example projects are also installed that show you the handling of the DLL file.
Embedding within C# and also Visual Basic is absolute trouble-free. Additionally compiled DLL versions for the .NET Framework 1.1 and the .NET Framework 2.0/3.x are included. This way it integrates seamlessly into your project. If you work with .NET Framework 1.1, you only need .NET Framework 2.0 installed for the editor itself. Your application will continue to be distributed with the .NET Framework 1.1. Additionally there is an extra version (also with example project) for Visual Basic 6.
Features of Resource Database Editor at a glance:
- No limitation of resources.
- Supporting .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0/3.x (C#, VB) as well as Visual Basic 6.
- Example projects for VB/C# 2005/2008, VB/C# .NET and VB 6.
- Royalty free distribution of built resource database files and of the needed RDDLL.dll.
- Integrated help system
- Automatic program updates (deactivation is possible)
- Multilingual (at the moment English and German)
- Intuitive program interface
- Free e-mail support in case of problems or questions.
- Minor updates of full version for free.
Requirements: .NET Framework 2.0
Top user review
There are no user reviews. Be the first to review this software.
Download3K has downloaded and tested Resource Database Editor on 27 Apr 2014 with some of Today's best antivirus engines and you can find below, for your convenience, the scan results: