Proxy Switcher Standard 7.5.0
- Buy $36.24
- Developer Link 1 (ProxySwitcherStandard.zip)
- Download3k US (ProxySwitcherStandard.zip)
- Download3k EU (ProxySwitcherStandard.zip)
All files are original. Download3K does not repack or modify downloads in any way. Check MD5 for confirmation.
Review & Alternatives
"Provides flexible proxy settings management"
Proxy Switcher Standard is an application for Windows that allows the user to globally change the way their internet traffic is routed by using a proxy server. The software was updated recently to account for changes in how proxies are handled. On the latest test, the software found over 11,000 proxies accounts that could be used.
A proxy is used for several reasons. These include getting around local censorship, to change the IP address being used to access the internet, and to appear to be surfing the net from another location in order to overcome regional blocks in YouTube, Showtime, etc.
This software provides a way to globally set what proxy to use when sending all internet communications out rather than to need to set it individually in each internet-connected application. This is useful because whilst some applications like a few web browsers allow for the setting of proxy settings, other less sophisticated applications lack the feature and normally cannot have their traffic redirected.
The installation went normally. At the completion of the installation, there was the offer to display an anonymous surfing tutorial, a Mozilla Firefox configuration tutorial or to set the application to start automatically each time Windows boots up.
The software runs on several versions of Windows. It was tested by the developer on November 6, 2014 for compatibility with both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Technical Edition.
There was no malicious software added or offered during installation.
When first starting, it is necessary to select “Actions” from the menu, and “Download Proxy Lists” to download the latest list of proxy servers. Otherwise, the application shows no proxy servers at all.
The top of the application has the menu and toolbar with fast access commands.
The proxy server categories are shown in the left sidebar. As each proxy is accessed, it can be categorized correctly. Details about a selected server and its access history will be shown in the right pane. In the bottom pane are information updates. There are three proxy server command buttons nearby for Disabled, Keep Alive and Auto Switch.
Overall, the interface is not fancy but it does the job.
- Global proxy server access
- Over 11,000 possible proxy servers to try
- Swap between proxy servers to keep data more protected
- Works with web browsers like Firefox and Internet Explorer
- Works with SOCKS version 5
- Access web sites that are regionally blocked
- Get around local internet censorship
- Use a different originating IP address online
- User has to download the proxy list themselves within the app
- User has to categorize the functional/dead and type of proxy server themselves
- Communication over free proxies is not necessarily safe or secure
Proxy Switcher Standard is a global proxy server manager which offers more than 11,000 possible proxy server connections to users who wish to give it a try.
Popular downloads in Servers
- XAMPP 8.2.12-0 / 8.1.25-0 / 8.0.30-0 / 7.4.33-0 / 7.3.33
Is an easy to install Apache distribution
- UltraVPN 1.0.3
UltraVPN, the free VPN
- TrueNAS CORE (formerly FreeNAS) 13.0-U5.3 / 11.3-U5 Legacy
World’s #1 NAS Operating System
- WampServer 3.3.2
Apache, MySQL, PHP on Windows.
- Proxy Switcher Standard 7.5.0
Provides flexible proxy settings management
- Free SMTP Server 2.5997
Free SMTP Server - local SMTP server
- Core FTP Server 2.0.749
Secure FTP Server SSL/TLS SSH/SFTP HTTPS
- Active Phone Server 188.8.131.5219
Speaking answering machine
- FileZilla Server 1.8.1
A very reliable and free FTP server
- PostgreSQL 16.1 / 15.5 / 14.10 / 13.13 / 12.17 / 11.22 / 10.2