Kaspersky Security Scan 184.108.40.2065
- Developer Link 1 (kfa220.127.116.115aben_12579.exe)
- Developer Link 2 (non https)
- Developer Link 3 (non https)
- Developer Link 4 (non https)
- Download3k US (kfa18.104.22.1685aben_12579.exe)
- Download3k EU (kfa22.214.171.1245aben_12579.exe)
All files are original. Download3K does not repack or modify downloads in any way. Check MD5 for confirmation.
Review & Alternatives
"Fast & Free Antivirus Scanner for your PC."
Kaspersky Security Scan is one of the best anti-virus and anti-spyware detection packages with an almost 100 percent detection success rate. The Russian company keeps abreast of the latest virus developments and often goes to press with details of the latest banking scams and other new developments in adware, spyware and virus development.
The Kaspersky Security Scan itself is a free tool which can effectively scan for malware and viruses on a computer system. The package can run alongside other anti-virus and anti-malware packages without causing interference which is handy. A complete scan can be run on the computer system to detect any problems or alternatively just a quick scan can be run to locate anything really obvious showing tell-tale hooks into the operating system indicating a big problem.
Scanning can be planned and scheduled. The scans do not have advanced features attached to them, so the software is either designed for people who do not really understand security products or those that wish to know if they have a security problem. The software can scan, but it will not eradicate a found problem. One of the premium virus and virus removal packages from Kaspersky is needed in order to do that. What the software can do is confirm that there is a problem which can then prompt a purchase.
There is no real-time scan option, so mostly the Kaspersky Security Scan product works post-infection rather than working to prevent possible infections before they happen. As such, the Security Scan product is likely a good backup scanner to check for anything that another scanning package already missed.
The Kaspersky Software Updater goes to install first. Then the Security Scan is installed which requires a new download.
The software requires Windows 7 or earlier.
The interface is very basic displaying a real world map and then offering buttons to Scan, Reports, More from Kaspersky, and Update. There is also a Settings option at the bottom of the interface.
Following a scan, a tick box will show with a message that “Your computer is fine.” if indeed it is.
- Uses the powerful Kaspersky virus and malware engine to detect infections
- Will locate but will not remove infections
- Use for testing a system for infection
- Can supplement an existing anti-virus and anti-malware solution
- Will not remove infections
- No real-time scans
- No advanced features
Kaspersky Security Scan is an effective scanner for viruses and malware infections. The software is not equipped to remove infections but can advise when the primary scanner is not resolving security problems.
Requirements: 512 MB RAM, 480 MB HD
What's new in this version: Added real anti-malware protection, email and web protection modules.
Popular downloads in Antivirus & Spyware Cleaners
- Trojan Remover 126.96.36.19985
Detects and automatically removes malware.
- Avira Free Antivirus 1.0.5179.26566
Avira Free Antivirus
- Malwarebytes 188.8.131.524 / 184.108.40.206 Beta
Removes even the most stubborn malware
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2017
Essential Protection for Your PC
- Avira Antivir Virus Definitions for Avira 10 and Older March 04, 2024
Keep Avira AntiVir up-to-date.
- eScan AntiVirus Edition 11.x
eScan is a Powerful Anti-Virus for Windows
- MS Windows Defender XP 1.1.1593
Microsoft Windows Defender software.
- McAfee AVERT Stinger 10.2.0.963
Detect and remove specific viruses
- Avast Free Antivirus 24.1.6099 / 24.2.6102 Beta
Powerful protection trusted by millions
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Update September 18, 2012
Latest Kaspersky virus definitions.