Updated10 May 2015
Downloads2,034 (4 last week)
"Resource editor for Windows programs"
Are you a Windows programs developer? You can use ResEdit, as you probably guessed already, to add or modify the resources of any EXE, DLL or compiled RES file. For instance, would you like to change the default icon of your program? No problem, all you have to do is edit the executable file and add your ICO file to the resources.
Here’s what you need to know about ResEdit:
- It’s a portable application, you don’t need to install it so there are no hard disk requirements and it won’t create any entries in your Windows registry
- Support for PE files (OCX, EXE, DLL, MUI), already compiled resources (RES) or Resource Scripts (DLG, RC)
- It’s very simple to use, you drag & drop your resources or use the file browser
- Compile the output with your favorite compiler (like Visual C++ or MinGW)
- Support for different types of resources (bitmap, toolbar, dialog, icon, cursor, menu, etc)
- Preview the changes before you save
- You can run it in command line if you want to integrate it with other programs you create automatically
- Includes a very basic picture editor if you want to modify any graphic resources
- Generate C++ code if you want to include dialogs or menus (but you can’t add your own C++ code)
- You can use the Undo / Redo (Ctr-Z / Ctr-Y) as many times as you need to
- Customize the layout any way you want to by dragging and dropping the elements around
Download ResEdit if you want to modify the resources included in your binary files.
Top user review