"SQL Server Based VSS alternative software"SourceAnywhere is SQL server-based version control software with seamless integration with Visual Studio, Eclipse, and other IDEs, cross-platform support, and unique caching mechanism for remote performance.SourceAnywhere offers special optimizations for VSS users. Familiar UI and working style makes developers feel right at home, while Import Tool ensures effortless data migration. With robust SQL Server storage, there will be no more database corruption.
1. Simple Migration from Visual SourceSafe: The familiar user interface greatly reduces the learning curve. Also, a VSS data import tool is provided to ensure no data history is lost.
2. Fast Version Control Performance even Remotely: SourceAnywhere revision control has very high performance locally and remotely. It features "delta transfers", fast transfer compression, plus a Cache Server to further enhance the remote performance for offsite offices.
3. Better Source Control Features than VSS: On top of all the source control features VSS supports, SourceAnywhere comes with more: Pending Check-ins, Email notification system, Shelve/Unshelve, etc.
4. Your Code is in Good Hands: All the repository data is stored in Microsoft SQL Server or SQL Server Express to ensure the integrity of your data under version control.
5. Enhanced Security: SourceAnywhere uses SSL and Blowfish encryption to protect source code in transit, and the client/server architecture eliminates the need to expose the file system to remote users.
6. Cross-Platform: In addition to the Windows client, Java Client enables developers to version control the source code from Mac, Linux, and more.
7. Multi-IDE Support: SourceAnywhere supports source control integration with Visual Studio 6/2003/2005/2008/2010, Dreamweaver, Eclipse, and many other IDEs.
Requirements: Windows XP, 7, 8, 10
What's new in this version: Added 'Repository Administrator' group. A repository administrator is allowed to manage a specific repository via Server Manager. Greatly improved the performance when branching a large project via Windows GUI Client.
Top user review