Install Creator is an installation tool to help developers produce a setup package for their own software.
The package includes customization of the installation software wizard that users will see when running the setup program. Shortcut icons can be configured, fonts added and custom logos all to make the setup program look unique. TLB, REG, DLL and OCX components can be registered to ensure that they run correctly.
There is an uninstall process that can be setup to correctly uninstall the application when a user wishes to do so instead of leaving them with no easy option to uninstall which some applications sadly do.
The layout of the tool is professional and clear for new users.
The installation completed without any issues.
There was no adware, toolbars, spyware or malware included with the setup package.
Install Creator requires Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 3.x, NT 4.x, XP, or 2000.
The interface is well laid out with copious options to create a workable install package for developers. Professional and structured in a clear manner.
There is a menu with top-line menu options for File, View, Tools, and Help. Below this is a small toolbar with a few essential commands.
The install version can be selected from a drop down list.
There is a tabbed navigation element next with options for Files, Wizard Texts, Window, Options, Install info, Uninstaller, and Build.
There is a Source Directory pane to the right and a File Options pane with its own tabbed navigational element below the Source Directory pane.
- Create new setup programs for user to easily install programs to versions of Windows
- Build out setup packages and then test them
- Decide what files to include in a setup packages
- Add source directories for different files
- Change the text that is shown in the setup wizard that users see
- Use custom icons, own logos and text
- Include necessary TLB, REG, DLL, and OCX registrations
- Add desktop shortcuts during installation and the addition of more attractive fonts
- Configure the uninstaller for users who wish to uninstall the application post-installation
- Clear, logical interface which makes correct install package configuration much easier
- For advanced users only
- May not be applicable for more recent versions of Windows
Install Creator is a well configured Windows setup package creator for developers to use.
Top user review