Updated1 Jun 2018
Downloads803 (11 last week)
"Media server for PC"
Twonky Server is one of the better media servers. The idea behind the software is that it can create a server that will scan for media that can be played to users for them to enjoy.
The Twonky Server can access multiple media servers across a number of servers and systems. The software can then aggregate the media files located across multiple locations and provide a central way to access them.
Twonky can use playlists to make it easier to access content in a programmed sequence, plus iTunes playlists can also be imported. Videos, music and photos can all be added to the media server.
The server itself is very flexible with software available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. There are also mobile apps for iOS and Android. There are privacy controls that can be used to configure how the media files are shared between users and between devices.
The Twonky Server is also DLNA-compliant Digital Media Server which ensures that wireless beaming of media can be performed successfully.
Local media can be played back using any web browser. More platforms and devices are supported than other media servers.
The installation went smoothly with no additional software installed beyond the server itself.
The interface on the Twonky Server has been modified and improved over the years. The latest version is the best yet with good spacing between areas and ample room to display the content that is available to the user via the centralized interface.
- Media Server with DLNA wireless media beaming capabilities
- Collect media files across several servers
- Access Twonky Server via Windows, Mac and Linux. Also, mobile apps with iOS and Android
- Create playlists or import them from iTunes
- Extra meta data including thumbnail pictures
- Supports music formats: MP3, WMA, WAV, 3GP, M4A, MP4, LPCM, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, MP2, AC3, MPA, MP1, AIF, MID, and ISMA
- Supports photo formats: JPEG, PNG, TIF, and BMP
- Supports video formats: MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG2-TS, MPEG4, AVI, WMV, VOB, DivX, 3GP, VDR, ASF, MPE, DVR-MS, Xvid, M1V, M4V, WEBM, QT, F4V, ISMV, MKV, and MOV
Twonky Server has a long pedigree being one of the first media servers to become available. It will deliver cross-platform excellence with DLNA-compatible wireless transmissions.
Top user review