"3D marine screensaver and exploration game"
OceanDive is a 3D screensaver and an exploration game for users of all ages, backgrounds and levels. SCS folks are known for their craftsmanship in creating realistic 3D environments for large vehicle driving simulators. This time, they endeavored an underwater world diving simulation, and they did an impressive job of it.
Users get to explore the highly detailed underwater wildlife with the help of camera panning in all directions. It is possible to turn off the sounds and select the level of detailing for the graphics.
Ocean Dive requires 1.0 GHz CPU, 256 MB RAM, 64 MB 3D graphics card/OpenGL, DirectX 9 to install and run correctly. We strongly recommend users try the demo version before the purchase to make sure that graphics and sound are displayed properly, and the program does not freeze. This may happen if a user’s PC is missing some of the requirements. There is no malware or adware in the installation pack.
Instead of pouring out a dozen eloquent words, we prefer to say it simply - the looks are awesome. Graphics are outstanding in their realistic depiction of the underwater world. The sounds are everything they are supposed to be when a diver is submerged. The effect of the entire spectacle is very calming and peaceful. It is a shame the trial version is limited in time and functions. The nag screen may spoil the impression, though. It appears too often to be inconspicuous. The explorer mode does not seem to launch in the demo. There is an option to switch between the scenes by pressing the Space bar.
- The unquestionable beauty of 3D graphical environment is immersing.
- The underwater wildlife seems alive as it swims, moves, breathes around you. There are sharks, tortoises, sponges, an octopus and even a clownfish.
- High-end video card will render the meticulously detailed play of light on the underwater surfaces. This is a very cool effect for which we want to give tribute to the SCS developers.
- There are plenty of spots to explore - a sunken ship, canyons, tunnels, grottos and coral reefs.
- The exploration adventure is suitable for users of all levels, including children.
- This game-screensaver is a perfect alternative for those who would like to have an aquarium, but can not for a number of reasons.
- There is neither violence, nor a chance to display violence. This is especially important for children experimenting with ‘what will happen if I catch the fish and squeeze it.’
- The moment the application is launched, the user gets engrossed by the breath-taking underwater scenes.
- The sound effects are very alike with the sounds one experiences when diving, especially the bubbles coming out of a diver’s tank when the diver breathes out.
- A very relaxing and inspiring experience with just watching the screensaver.
The nag screen appears a lot in the demo. Other than that, we could not point a finger on anything else, except for the substantial consumption of system resources. This makes this program unsuitable for older PCs. Otherwise, you may want to tweak the graphics and sounds to consume fewer resources.
AlternativesInterested users may want to compare the following analogous, or related, products: Fantastic Ocean 3D screensaver, 3D Ocean Fish ScreenSaver, Ocean Waves Free Screensaver, DPSM - Underwater Ocean ScreenSaver.
Who will appreciate this beautiful screensaver? Diving enthusiasts, office workers under a lot of stress, families with children, cats, law of attraction adepts - anyone in need of a short, or long, break from stress, fatigue, routine, or boredom. This beautifully crafted piece of software offers unique diving experience right from the comfort of your home, or office.
Requirements: 1.0 GHz CPU, 256 MB RAM, 64 MB 3D graphics card/OpenGL, DirectX 9 installed
What's new in this version: Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 compatibility updates.
Top user review