"EyeDefender lets you avoid eyestrain."
Would you like to protect your eyes while you’re spending long periods of time on the computer?Â If you work more than 3 hours a day, continuously, in front of a computer you risk developing Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS), which is usually recognized by these symptoms: blurred vision, eyestrain, back aches, dry or burning eyes, light sensibility, sore eyes, distorted color vision. Eye Defender comes to your aid to prevent CVS and also Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or Repetitive Strain Injury.
Here’s what you need to know about Eye Defender:
- In order to prevent and get rid of CVS symptoms, you have to take short breaks from your computer every hour. By default, the program will remind you of it every 45 minutes
- As the software developer reminds us, the difficulty lies in making short breaks, a habit (this is why this software was created in the first place)
- When it’s time for a break, it can either display pictures, run specific tests to relax your eyes, run a screensaver or display a popup in the system tray
- You’ll be able to see at all times how much time has passed, the tray icon will show a red progress bar of time spent
- You can reset the counter, stop it manually or automatically if the computer is idle for some time
- It can run when Windows loads, so you won’t have to open it every time you start your operating system
Download EyeDefender and protect your eyes.
Requirements: No special requirements
Updated18 Nov 2009
Downloads582 (1 last week)
Top user review