"SpamAssassin in a Box incl. Windows service."
SpamAssassin in a Box is a leading spam filtering package that is mostly used in server environments. The software can process huge amounts of corporate email or email running through a web host's email servers. The software uses white-lists, black-lists, and spam scoring to process email correctly to ensure that important email reaches its intended recipient while spam email goes by the wayside.
The software comes pre-configured to ensure that it is fast for system administrators to start using the package to remove spam email shortly after software purchase. The package runs a Windows system service which can be accessed by the Windows Service Control Manager for more centralized control of key systems including SpamAssassin.
SpamAssassin has become the de factor email spam filtering package because of its reliability and performance dealing with bulk email day in, day out. The email signals, memory usage and CPU usage by the spam filtering program is monitored to ensure the package does not slow down overall server performance. Software can easily connect to Microsoft Exchange server or Mail Transfer Agent to process email.
During the installation process, the administrator has the option to add their email address so if a user has a problem with an email that was incorrectly tagged as spam, they can contact the admin to resolve the matter. An exception is also added to the Windows Firewall to allow SpamAssassin in a Box to contact email servers.
The installation went smoothly. Windows Server 2003-to 2012 R2 (32-bit or 64-bit) or Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 are required.
The interface is complex with an extensive menu system with numerous menu options. Largely intended to run behind the scenes in a server environment. Integrates with Windows Event log and Computer Management Console.
- Process email for spam on a Windows Server or Windows desktop environments
- Complex, spam rules to deal effectively with spam via white-lists, black-lists and scoring
- Works with Microsoft Exchange server or Mail Transfer Agent
- Can restart itself if a software fault develops with email processing and spam filtering
- Windows Events log can include important SpamAssassin notifications
- Runs as a Windows Service so it can keep running even when workstations/servers are logged out
- Runs across Windows Server and Windows OS versions
- 30 day trial
- Will take a while to learn the complex interface.
- Includes most, not all, of the functions and modules from the Apache SpamAssassin version
SpamAssassin in the Box is well used software by web hosts and corporations that need to process email in large volumes and deal professionally with spam to avoid users becoming infected by emails.
Requirements: Windows 7, Windows Server 2007
What's new in this version: * Native 64bit support: additional memory for spamd * NEW: ListenIP supports multiple addresses * No restart of service during open connection * Dropped support for Windows XP and Server 2003 * http://www.jam-software.com/spamassassin_in_a_box/changes.shtml
Top user review