Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit is an unusual software package. Malwarebytes are well known as providers of excellent malware infection prevention and eradication software. This software represents a new way to dig deeper by looking for malicious actions coming from installed software, PDF files, Office files and other “bad actors” which once installed or added to the hard drive can try to do serious damage in a Trojan horse type of subtle attack. The results can be just as deadly as more overt attacks though. This software is a small extra to add but it does bring an extra layer of protection for little effort. The premium version offers far greater detection types than the free one.
The installation only takes up 10.1 MB of hard drive space. There is an option presented during installation whether to start a limited period free trial of the premium version of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit or to stick with the basic version. A reboot is required to complete the installation process. No adware or other unwanted software is included with the installation. Will work with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit).
The Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit has a system tray icon that stays out of the way. For the most part if the system is locked down well then there should be no exploits being attempted on the system. The ExploitShield protects against attacks via Java apps and web browser interaction with the free version. The Shield will present itself when a problem is detected, otherwise the app runs in the background and sits quietly in the system tray.
- Software that can detect malicious attacks from software, PDF files, Java apps and more.
- Looks to prevent apps and other software from running amok post-installation
- Can run silently in the background until a problem is detected
- Runs alongside other security apps without causing a conflict
- Requires no configuration or advanced knowledge to work
- One more layered security defense
- Lacks a great deal of feedback as to what it is checking for you.
- Free version has limited security checking abilities; most are reserved for the premium version.
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit comes from specialists in malware detection with high rates of detection success for their Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software package. This software is much less known, relatively tiny and easy to add to provide that extra little bit of protection. The paid version adds much more detection features than the free one.
Top user review