"High-quality product for viral protection."
Zillya! Antivirus is a system security utility for protecting your computer against potential malicious software programs. This antivirus is proficient in detecting and eliminating almost all types of viruses, worms, rootkits, Trojans, and other malware that may corrupt your computer, delete important data or cause hindrance in its performance. It has a separate module to detect and disarm malicious programs, which makes it even more reliable and effective in guarding a computer from such threats that are hidden to steal personal information or to display adware.
The installer warns you to remove any other antivirus present currently on the system before proceeding with the installation, as their co-existence might cause system errors. After confirming that there is no other antivirus on your system, you will be asked to give details like First Name, Last Name, and E-Mail address. These details need to be given if you choose to subscribe for Zillya! News or participate in online statistics collection. After installation, it is recommended to restart your system. It is compatible with these operating systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/8.
The interface is very clean, pleasant and easy-to-understand. The main features of antivirus are lined up nicely as icons in the main toolbar, which are – Scan, Threats, Tools, Settings, Updates, Activation (in case you are using trial version), and Security level. On the left side of the main control panel, Security status of computer is shown with details including, Virus base, Security level, Protection components, Threats, Statistics, and the status of found risks (repaired, quarantined or removed). ‘Consult’ button shown under ‘Questions and Problems’ redirects you to Zillya! Support page showing contact information and feedback forms.
- There are different types of scans that you can perform on your system, namely: Quick Scan (scans critical components of system), Full Scan (Scans all drives and even removable media), and Custom Scan (scans the selected drives and folders)
- E-mail scanning feature is very beneficial which can scan incoming, outgoing or both types of e-mail messages on your computer; there is also an option to add ‘Virus-Free Certificate’ to these mails
- It can also check for malicious autorun files in a removable device (like USB flash drives) connected to your system and then act according to the saved settings such as – Show Zillya! Antivirus message, disable autorun, or respond only to threats
- This software also includes its own Task Manager to control applications running on computer; with this you can either End a particular Task or Switch to selected task
- ‘Scheduler’ lets you configure autoscan of your computer on a particular time; for that, following details have to be configured : Scan type, Scanning frequency, number of days, and the time
- It also offers built-in tools for contacting online anti-malware service in case you are suspicious about a particular file in your system. You simply need to select the file in the software and send it to the online service
- From the ‘Threats’ window you can check the information about various types of threatsÂ (Active, Quarantine and Exclusions) detected during previous scans, which helps you to take necessary actions to remove them
- Startup Manager is another add-on of this software with which you can view information about the programs that run automatically on Windows startup, plus elements can be added or edited for these programs
- In the free version, Automatic virus base update cannot be enabled and advertisements appearing in the software cannot be disabled
- Setup file size is large (120 MB) and after installation, the system has to be restarted
Some reliable alternative programs for Zillya! Antivirus are AVG Antivirus, Comodo Antivirus, and Ad-Aware Free Antivirus. All these are free antivirus utilities and are effective enough in providing safety to your computer.
Zillya! Antivirus is packed with features that are a must-have in any good antivirus and these are grouped in an intuitive manner for anyone to use them with ease (maybe that is the reason it does not have a ‘Help’ file). It runs on low to medium system resources and the scans are carried out with a fair speed without slowing down computer’s performance. In summation, you should go ahead and use this antivirus without hesitation.
Requirements: 512Mb RAM, WinXP SP2 or higher, WinVista/Win7
What's new in this version: * When activated, premium package, display a product that activated a free two-week license; * Fixed several errors in a text message of the product; * Fixed a bug that caused it to stop updating software modules Zillya! AntiVirus * Changed the view tab "Activation" Some other fixes
Top user review