Published by Sophos Plc. on 5 Nov 2018
"Eliminates hidden applications and processes."Removing rootkits without compromising system integrity is particularly challenging and needs to be done with care.
Sophos Anti-Rootkit will find and remove any rootkit that is hidden on your computer.
The term rootkit is used to define a Trojan (or technology) used to hide the presence of a malicious object (process, file, registry key, network port) from the computer user or administrator.
· Scans running processes, windows registry and local hard drives for rootkits.
· Identifies known rootkits and selects, by default, files for removal which will remove the rootkit component of the malware without compromising OS integrity.
· Allows users to remove unidentified hidden files, but does not allow removal of essential system files when hidden by an identified rootkit.
· Once the user has run a scan, the screen prompts the user through the necessary steps until every rootkit has been removed.
· Users can switch between the GUI and command-line functionality.
· Both context sensitive and command-line help are available.
Updated5 Nov 2018
Downloads3,160 (1 last week)
Top user review
There are no user reviews. Be the first to review this software.
Download3K did not scan Sophos Virus Removal Tool for viruses, adware, spyware or other badware. For your own safety, we recommend that you always have an antivirus, with virus definitions up to date, installed on your computer when downloading and installing programs from the web.