"Best protection against threats via USB drive"
Generally malware software present on the internet is blamed to introduce virus, Trojans, or other malicious threats in the computers. Nonetheless, internet cannot be called the sole medium to introduce such threats in computers, since USB thumb drives are equally responsible for this problem. They are highly convenient to use, so nowadays this is the most commonly used device to transfer files/documents from one system to another and also is a common source of infection carrying malicious programs. It is very essential to have a software that can provide protection to your USB drives against any infection caused by the system it had been plugged in. USB Disk Security can help in protecting your computer from harmful programs that can be introduced by the USB drive that you use. It scans your removable drives for unwanted programs, prevents unauthorized users from copying your data to drives, monitors and deletes threats from the computer, and much more.
Process of installation is very simple and involves basic steps wherein you need to select the preferred installation language, setup destination path, and additional icons (Desktop and/or Quick Launch). It is compatible with following Window versions: Windows 2003/2008/XP/Vista/7/8.
GUI of USB Disk Security is absolutely user-friendly and intuitive. Any user with basic computer knowledge should be able to use it with great ease, thanks to its simple layout. The buttons for all the major functions are displayed on the left side of the window, namely – Protection Status, USB Shield, USB Scan, Safe Sites, Data Protection, System Tools, and Quarantine. The screen to make settings for each of these functions is displayed on the right side and in the main area of window. Settings for the application itself can be opened from the top right side of window.
- With ‘Safe Web Navigation’, you can safely browse the internet; it is the application’s security feature which navigates you to Linkzb.com website that lists some popular web sites such as Facebook, Youtube, Yahoo!Mail, Gmail, and more. These sites have been checked for security by the software’s multi antivirus engines
- It provides automatic updates but still then you can update them manually by clicking on Start Update link
- ‘USB shield’ guards your computer against malicious programs that can infect it via USB drive. All the suspicious or risky files are detected and automatically deleted by the software (if USB Security is enabled). These deleted files are then quarantined and thus remain harmless to your computer
- Get rid of malicious files existing on your USB drive by scanning them with this software; once these files are found, you can delete all or the selected files
- By vaccinating your computer the autorun feature can be disabled and some malware can be prevented from auto-executing on your computer via USB drives
- You can also vaccinate your USB drives that can prevent accidental transfer of malicious programs to/from other computers where you plug-in your USB drives
- Not sure whether the website you are about to visit is safe or not; leave that to URL Scanner feature as when you enter the concerned website’s URL in its edit box and click on ‘Check URL’ button, it will scan the URL with the scan engine named Virustotal
- USB Access Control provides the highest level of protection against data theft or its accidental disclosure as it can make the USB drives connected to your computer read-only which prevents unauthorized users from copying your data to the USB drives
- You can even disable the use of USB drives on your computer altogether by applying USB drive control function
- There are a bunch of other system tools that can further help in the cause of USB drive protection such as: Disk Cleanup (deletes unnecessary files and malicious programs that remain in the temporary internet directory); Repair Registry (restores the settings in registry that are changed by malware); and Autostart List (lists application that execute during Windows system start-up)
Panda USB Vaccine is an efficient utility that prevents malware infections caused by autorun feature of Windows OSs and after its execution, you can choose from either Computer vaccination or USB Drive vaccination. No Autorun is another reliable alternative that blocks virus in USB drives from auto-running, plus it also locks autorun-related virus and other suspicious files.
USB Disk Security is a reliable utility that effectively detects and removes potentially harmful files from your USB drives and hence computers. It has a very easy-to-use interface and uses low to moderate system resources, so does not impact working of other applications. With the protection it provides from malware that too free-of-cost, this software is definitely worth trying.
Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1
What's new in this version: 1. Improved the performance 2. Improved the installer. 3. Fixed some bugs when inserting USB drives.
Top user review