"Effective tool to remove active malware"
Panda Cloud Cleaner uses cloud detection information from other users of the same package to inform about new infections to master boot records, malicious malware, and root kit nasties. The software doesn't run in the cloud per se, but is actually downloaded and installed to the Windows system where it performs its scan. There are not many scanning packages that are capable of handling root kits as well which are particularly troubling as they can prevent a PC booting up at all once the power goes on.
The installation process is straightforward with no surprises. The total space needed for complete install is 73.4 MB. No extra software or malware was included with the installation.
The interface is dark and clean looking. The main option is to perform a full scan of your system. Once a full system scan has taken place, a screen will display how many malware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) are installed to the system. A removal process can then be started. There is also a system cleaning feature to help clean up old files that Windows no longer needs.
During the scanning process there is the option to kill all processes, unlock files or send a suspect file to Panda for review. These options are right at the top of the scanning window.
- Desktop scanner for bootable Windows system to check to malware, potentially unwanted programs and root kits
- Can kill all processes during a scan to give best chance of detection and eradication
- Uses shared knowledge from other users in the cloud to improve detection rates
- One of the few malware products that can also remove root kits
- High detection rates
- System clean up option to remove unnecessary files
- Did not always remove all malware, potentially unwanted files or root kits found
- Limited information shared with the user; publisher's web site also provides extremely limited information too
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a good alternative to this package which can also scan, detect and remove malware.
Panda Cloud Cleaner is an effective solution to detect unusual malware, root kits and unwanted programs that are preventing Windows from working correctly. It may not be perfect as a primary defence against malware, but there is nothing to stop it being used as an additional scanner as different security packages achieve different detection and removal results. As such, Panda Cloud Cleaner is a useful package to add to your security application collection.
Top user review