"free on demand anti virus scanner"
Dr.Web CureIt! is a free anti virus and anti spyware scanner by Dr.Web. To heal your PC successfully, you must always use the latest version. This tool is re-launching every two hours 365 days a year for the ultimate virus and malware database update. Hence, Dr.Web's statement to be the best-of-breed antivirus engine. Hundreds of new viruses infect PCs daily, and bi-hourly definitions update is critical for anti virus. Boasting of heuristic analysis and multilingual interface, Dr.Web CureIt! is undoubtedly a must-have scanner to check your PC on a regular basis. Besides, the utility is free and requires no installation.
There is no installation as such. All you need to do is launch the downloaded .exe file and you are ready to start scanning your computer for viruses. DrWeb CureIt! works with Windows OS 95/98/98SE/Me/NT4/2000/XP/2003/2003R2/Vista/Win7/Win8 and Windows Server 2012 without requiring the installation of the Dr.Web Anti-virus. User can choose between Enhanced Protection Mode, EMP, or standard scan. During EMP scan, no other applications will be able to launch, so your computer becomes unavailable for the next 20 minutes of a scan, or so.
The interface is neat and clean and most importantly simple. When launched, the program offers to start a scan. We suggest you take a closer look at some of the buttons on the main window. You can choose objects to scan, change settings to protect Dr.Web CureIt operations, block network access and block other applications from writing to disc using low-level functions.
- Easy to use, minimum things to set up before the scan.
- Multilingual interface with English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian and a number of Balkan and European languages.
- Detects and removes Internet worms, file viruses, e-mail and peer-to-peer viruses, Trojans, stealth viruses, polymorphic viruses, bodiless viruses, macro viruses, MS Office viruses, script viruses, spyware, spybots, password stealers, paid dialers, hack tools, backdoors, keyloggers among other malware.
- Dr.Web increased scan time if compared to previous releases.
- Rootkit search is available. In advanced custom scan, you can choose to scan computer memory, startup objects, boot sectors, etc.
- Block network connection during the scan and prevent other applications from writing to the disc.
- Native quarantine.
For a free anti-virus utility, Dr.Web CureIt gives a pretty decent performance. We could not identify any cons.
AlternativesAlthough, none of the below suggested alternatives offers the freedom and lightweights of CureIt, they are direct rivals to Dr.Web. IObit Malware Fighter, a free IObit tool to detect and remove Trojans and the like. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware aspires to be the next step in the detection and removal of malware. Spybot - Search & Destroy detects and removes spyware and is free of charge for private use. SUPERAntiSpyware is software which can detect and remove spyware, Adware, malware, trojans, rogue software, worms, rootkits, parasites and other potentially harmful software applications.
Dr. WEB CureIt! is a quick fix to your pending security issues. The scanner provides a great solution for searching and removing viruses, malware and spyware from your computer. It does not require installation; it is extremely easy to use; it only takes 20 minutes on average to run a full, thorough scan; it is free of charge. Virus definitions get updates several times a day, so whenever you run a scan, make sure you download the latest version of the scanner.
Requirements: same as for correspondent OS
Top user review