DeveloperAvira Operations GmbH & Co. KG
Updated10 Jan 2020
Downloads3,651 (1 last week)
"Windows Server dedicated antivirus program"
Protecting Windows file servers against menaces like viruses is what the Avira Server Security does and does best.
- Extensive Malware Recognition: protection against viruses, Trojans, backdoor programs, worms, phishing and more, this software also detects the presence of adware and spyware. In addition it also goes after double extension fields and unusual runtime compression tools.
- Solid antivirus technologies with a mulch-platform VB100% certified scan engine.
- Low usage and highly efficient use of computer resources.
- Modular structure allows for the remote configuration thereby assisting the server's admin's work while keeping the network users perfectly protected.
- Professional services. The Avira license entitles the user to virus definition updates and program upgrades. In addition there's access to documentation as well as standard tech support.
- Fully compatible with OSes running from Windows NT server (4.0 version or higher) to Windows Server 2003. It provides a wide variety of configuration settings designed to increase one's network security.
- Avira Resident Service runs quietly in the background while all the time monitoring all the file operations. When the user engages in a file operation this is automatically scans against viruses and unwanted programs.
- The Control Program is a fine tuned interface that is engineered to configure and monitor the Resident Service. This offers the possibility to manage several Resident Services installer on different servers in the network.
- An all new feature is the Configuration Assistant that is easy and a fast basic configuration after installation.
Requirements: 512 MB RAM, 2 GB recommended. 1 GB Windows Server 2008 Core installation. 150 MB HDD.
What's new in this version: EU
Top user review