"Detect and remove viruses from your PC."
Quick Heal Antivirus is a very efficient system security tool which promises protection of your laptops and computers from various kinds of malicious threats including Trojans, viruses, worms, adwares, rootkits, and spywares. Apart from securing your system from harmful threats, it also provides Web protection by restricting access to malicious websites, allows USB drive protection, and even guards your email inbox from phishing and infected emails. Its advanced DNAScan technology is another advantage which helps in providing security against new and unknown threats.
The process of installation is easy but the software’s downloader takes a lot of time to download the setup into selected directory (which can take 15-20 mins depending on the internet speed). During this time you can choose the option to either launch the setup or to open the folder location after the download is complete. After that, you only need to select the installation location. Later on, the installer will ask you to activate the product’s license and will confirm the purpose of its use, whether it is personal or business-related. It is compatible with following operation systems: Windows 2000/XP/Vista /7/8 (32-bit and 64-bit).
The interface of Quick Heal Antivirus has been simplified than the previous versions and the layout is organized very well. The straightforward buttons and menu options make its use intuitive and easy for both layman and technical experts. The big buttons shown in the middle of the window are meant for different segments to be protected such as: Files & Folders, Emails, Internet & Network, and External Drives & Devices. The main menu options displayed at top right side are given to enhance settings of the software like automatic updates, password protection, self protection, registry restore, and more.
- This utility lets you do scanning of your system in four different ways, namely – Full System Scan (complete scan of all boot records, files, folders, and drives), Custom Scan (scan for selected areas of the system) , Memory Scan (lists down details like Threats Detected and DNAScan warnings) and Boot Time Scan (scan performed on next system boot)
- It uses advanced DNAScan Technology which is powered to detect and remove new and unknown malicious threats. In addition, it also quarantines such potentially harmful files
- With ‘Block Suspicious Packed files’ feature you can spot and block the suspiciously packed files; these are basically malicious programs that are compressed and encrypted using various methods and which can infect your computer when uncompressed
- Virus Protection enables you to monitor viruses that try to enter your computer via file transfers, internet file downloads, email attachments, and other similar sources
- The scan engine has been amplified in a way that it does not re-scan any unchanged file since previous scan which ultimately results in lower resource usage
- Automatic Rogueware Scan allows you to scan files for the presence of rogueware and fake anti-virus software
- This software supports email protection also; it blocks the infected attachments (containing malware and viruses) that are sent with emails from corrupting your email inbox
- While working on the internet your computer is vulnerable of getting infected by malicious files or even websites; the built-in firewall of this tool monitors online activities for presence of malware and eliminates it before it invades your system
- You can guard your computer from the risk of virus or malware infection caused by external drives (or devices) such as USB flash drives (or CDs/DVDs); the Autorun Protection feature removes autorun malware from the external drives
Installation process takes lot of time and requires lot of space (500 MB)
Some renowned antivirus softwares that can be used as alternatives for Quick Heal are – Symantec Norton, McAfee Antivirus, Avira Free Antivirus, Avast Free Antivirus, Panda Antivirus Pro, BitDefender Total Security, and Kaspersky.
Quick Heal Antivirus stands true to its name as it is powerful and effective enough to scan, detect and remove potentially harmful files from not only your system, but from emails and external drives as well. It is packed with a vast range of features ranging from Browser Sandbox and Malware Protection to Advance DNAScan and automatic Scan schedule. In conclusion, it does everything what an antivirus tool is supposed to do, and so is definitely worth using.
Top user review