"Checks your computer for infection"
Although the Microsoft team isn't really well known for its cyber protection programs, who better to create protection mechanisms for Windows than the guys who created the operating system in the first place? Malicious Software Removal Tool remains one of the most underrated yet extremely efficient, free malware removal programs.
Here are the main features that stick out:
- It can be used to eliminate very destructive viruses like Sasser, Blaster or MyDoom
- Although you still need an antivirus installed on your system, this app is the perfect companion
- One of the main takeaways is that it only removes the cyber threats, it doesn't proactively protect your system against them (for that, you should always keep your system up-to-date with the latest updates and have an efficient antivirus installed)
- Works on both 64-bit and 32-bit systems
- It’s extremely easy to use; all you have to do is pick one of the three types of scan available: Full, Custom or Quick (which are pretty self-explanatory)
- The utility is updated usually once a month, which should put your mind at ease if you’re wondering if it will be able to respond to the newest threats that keep popping up
Install Microsoft Malicious Removal Tool if you want to keep your computer safe from nasty viruses, spyware or adware.
Updated12 Jul 2017
Downloads36,622 (46 last week)
Top user review