"Free CAD/CAE solution"
You can use FreeCAD if you want to create virtual 2D or 3D models for CAx, CAD, CAE, MCAD or PLM. This program will benefit the most product designers and engineers. FreeCAD is Open Source, which means any developer is welcomed to contribute and extend the modular functionality with new extensions and customizations.
Here’s what you need to know about FreeCAD:
- It relies on OpenCasCade, a very popular geometry kernel
- Although the version available for download here runs on Windows, there are versions that run on Linux or Mac with exact same functionality
- Create complex 3D objects
- Support for operations like: nurbs, brep or fillets
- Import data from different file formats: BMP, DXF, JPG, MED, IGES, ASC, WRL, OCA, IFC, etc
- An extensive library of 2D objects (circles, arcs, lines, wires, polygons) and 3D objects (torus, sphere, box, cylinder, cone)
- You can rotate the objects to any angle, scale it up or down
- A console where you can write Python instructions to create your own Macro scripts, modify the geometry of the objects,etc
- Export your projects in POV format or SVG
Download FreeCAD if you need a robust graphics editor for 2D and 3D models.
Updated10 Aug 2017
Downloads1,214 (19 last week)
Top user review