"New Free Antivirus for Mac OS X."
Avira Free Mac Security is a highly efficient virus and malware file scanner. In testing and anecdotal reports from users suggests that the Avira Free Security package for the Mac is able to find trojans and other nasty infections better than most other similar software. Includes scheduling, automatic updates, real-time scanning and small download size. The negatives are that because it does such a thorough job with the scanning, the process can take quite a while, especially with larger hard discs.
Avira Free Mac Security Key Features:
- Real-time scanning
- Checks files before they are activated
- Use the Event Center to manage your security in one place
- Configure custom scanning tasks, adding drives and leaving out folders
- Process quarantined files to review details, keep or delete them
- Automatic updates for virus definition files
- Scheduler to plan ahead for system scans
- Simple single click repair to address security issues
- Small 129MB file size
- Software updated frequently
Avira sits near the top when it comes to virus and malware detection. Well worth considering to provide additional protection while surfing the net.
Requirements: Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard), Mac OS 10.7 (Lion), 2 GB RAM, 200 MB disk space, 64-bit Intel Core 2 Duo
DeveloperAvira Operations GmbH & Co. KG
Updated4 Mar 2013
Downloads144 (1 last week)
Top user review