"Is a data recovery program"
Worried about the files that you have deleted by mistake or now realize the importance of some deleted files which you recently thought were useless? Don’t be worried anymore, as PC Inspector file Recovery software is here for the rescue. It is a data recovery program that helps to recover deleted files and partitions and it comes with the support for FAT 12/62/32 and NTFS file systems. It is capable of recovering files with the original date and time stamp, moreover, it can also save files from a directory where reference is not available. In case FAT or boot sector has been erased or damaged, the program can automatically find partitions on FAT systems.
Installation for this program is a child’s play. All you need to do is select the installer language and the destination (path) of the program folder. That’s all! You are set to use the program. However, do keep in mind that the program should not be installed on the same drive from which you want to restore your files but it should be another independent drive. It is compatible with these Windows versions: Windows 2000 / XP / XP (64-bit) / Vista / Vista (64-bit) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (64-bit) / Windows 8 / Windows8 (64-bit).
The graphical interface is modern but not so instinctive. Initially, you might find it difficult to figure out how exactly it works, so it is suggested that program’s Help file should be referred in such a case. However, after exploring it and working on it for sometime, you will find it easy to use the program. Icons are shown on the left side of main window for main functions like Save, Find lost data, Find lost drive, and more. One more drawback of its UI is that preferred language is asked every time on opening the program, it should allow to save a language during setup.
- The ‘Special Recovery Function’ supports large number of disk formats including: ARJ, AVI, BMP, CDR, DOC, DXF, DBF, XLS, EXE, GIF, HLP, HTML, HTM, JPG, LZH, MID, MOV, MP3, PDF, PNG, RTF, TAR, TIF, WAV, and ZIP
- It is capable of recovering files with the original date and time stamp
- When scanning is complete for the chosen logical drive, then required content which was deleted can be selected and saved to the hard disk
- The program can find partitions automatically, even when the boot sector or FAT has been removed or damaged
- It allows to save the recovered files on network drives
- PC Inspector can even recover files from a directory that is without any reference (header entry), a feature which is not available in other similar programs
- The layout is somehow not intuitive enough, so efforts are needed to navigate through and understand its working
- It sometimes freezes during file recovery
Some well-known similar programs that can be used as replacement for PC Inspector are Recuva and R-studio (Win, Mac, Linux). Recuva is a freeware that can restore accidentally deleted files including the ones emptied from Recycle bin and the files deleted by user error from Digital camera memory cards or MP3 players. R-Studio is a family of powerful and cost-effective undeletes and data recovery software with the ability to recover critical data lost to viruses, malicious attacks, and hardware failures or operating system crashes.
PC Inspector is capable of recovering documents, images, and music files while using medium amount of system resources. This program provides recovery of files free-of-cost where other programs can cost heavily to do the same job. However, the program’s usability needs to be improved more which will make it one of the best in its category.
Top user review