Updated2 Jul 2022
Downloads499 (1 last week)
"A batch image processor for Windows"
Photos are a great medium to save our special moments into everlasting memories and by sharing them with our friends and family makes the whole experience even more special. But there are certain problems faced while doing so, specially their large size makes it difficult to load on the internet or even to store on your local hard disk. Hornil Photo Resizer helps to resolve this problem as it a batch image processor that can resize multiple photos in your computer in one go. Apart from resizing photos, it is also capable to perform functions on them, including rotate, filter, add watermark, crop, batch rename, and convert. Users can even save the settings made to a photo and later apply the same process for other photos.
The process of installation is quite easy and a matter of few seconds. You will be asked very generic details like the installer language, setup destination, and components to add (Desktop shortcut, quick launch). Before the last step, the installer will recommend another software from Hornil which is “Hornil StylePix Pro” for a 30-day free trial; on clicking it, you will be directed to its website for downloading the software. It is also a good software for editing images, so you can choose to download it as well. Hornil Photo Resizer is compatible with these Window versions: Â Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 /Â Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit).
The interface is very intuitive, contemporary, and bright. The layout is well designed as all the main functions are aligned nicely in one panel, each having a different color and icon, making them self-explanatory at the same time. The center panel is to display the main screen for the selected function, for example, on selecting ‘Rotate’ function, various settings for rotating images are shown like 90 degree or 180 degree rotation. The extreme right panel is for displaying the selected and the result image.
- The best part about this software is its reusability as it lets you save the settings you made for a particular image in the form of a batch file and later you can open this file to apply the same settings to other set of images
- Resizing feature not only lets you adjust width or height individually, but both at the same time plus you can adjust shorter length or longer length of the image
- With Rotate feature, you can rotate the image with an angle ofÂ 180, -90 or +90 degrees or you can simply flip the image vertically and horizontally
- For all those users who love to post their photos in different hues on social websites, ‘Filter’ is a very useful feature which adds amazing filters to an image such as, Sharpen, Grayscale, Invert, Vintage, Sepia, Advanced Portrait glow, and more
- If you own a website or are a photographer who does not want anyone else to misuse your website images then ‘Watermark’ feature comes in as handy that lets you add watermarks to your images and even lets you adjust its opacity and placement
- You can even convert your images to different formats, some of the formats supported by Hornil Photo Resizer are: png, jpg, tif, bmp, ico, jpc, pcx, tga, tif, ico, jpc, jp2, pcx, pgx, pnm, pgm, ppm, ras, ska, wmf and tsp file formats
- The software lets you do customization to rename your photos like you can choose to add serial number, dates, file names or all these details together in the image name
- The destination path for the converted (resized) images can also be configured; you can keep the result images in the same folder, a sub folder or even a new folder.
There is not documentation available for this software as Quick Start guide and Online Manual redirect to help for Hornial StylePix Pro and not Photo Resizer, so users who do not have much experience with resizing tools are on their own to understand how it works.
FastStone Photo Resizer is a reliable substitute for Hornil’s Photo Resizer, apart from resizing and renaming images it is also capable to crop, rotate, adjust, edit, add watermarks and text to the images. Another genuine software is Free Picture Resizer, which can resize images and optimize them for particular purposes.
The lack of documentation may be a negative factor for users without image resizing experience but still it is not that hard to figure out its working. Other than that, it is a very useful tool that lets you perform many other operations than just resizing your images, so this toolÂ is definitely worth trying.
Requirements: 1GHz or faster CPU, 512MB RAM, 50MB Hard disk, 1024 x 768 Display
What's new in this version: Check on the Hornil.com website.
Top user review