- Developer Link 1 (TunnelBear-Installer.exe)
- Developer Link 2
- Developer Link 3 (tunnelbear_vpn-3.3.11-fx.xpi)
- Download3k US (TunnelBear-Installer.exe)
- Download3k EU (TunnelBear-Installer.exe)
All files are original. Download3K does not repack or modify downloads in any way. Check MD5 for confirmation.
Review & Alternatives
"VPN software that protects your privacy."
TunnelBear is a VPN client and service provider of virtual private network facilities. VPN services encrypt all internet traffic until it reaches the VPN server where it is decrypted again. This helps to get around in-country monitoring of internet use and blocking of content based on location. The software is very simple to use without any complicated settings to configure. The service includes a free 500 MB of monthly bandwidth before needing one of their premium accounts to increase the monthly limits. There are app versions for Windows and Mac, plus Android and iOS apps for mobile devices.
The installation process is simple to perform. It does take a few minutes to configure the driver used for network communication and the software can appear to hang but it is actually still performing the installation. Once the installation is complete, the small app will appear allowing the user to choose the VPN plan that they wish to use and connect to their newly created account. The user creates a new account with TunnelBear so they can log into the service. There is no ad-ware or spyware included with TunnelBear.
The interface is similar in style to a Pocket WiFi or MiFi device. A shaped window with a drop-down list of country servers to connect to. Connection to the encrypted server is made via a switch clicked on where it reads: ON. A counter indicates how much bandwidth has been used from the account so no guesswork is involved.
- TunnelBear offers a fast, free (for the first 500 MB per month) encrypted system to access the internet more security or anonymously.
- Valuable packages for unlimited bandwidth and multiple device support
- Windows, Mac, Android and iOS all have apps and share bandwidth for the one account
- Elegant apps which all run well
- Works seamlessly
- Free 500 MB of bandwidth a month
- Occasionally slower than one might expect
- Can take a good few seconds to connect
- Limited VPN server list in Asia
Note: It is necessary to use the service provider's own software to access their service; another software package will not work with their service.
TunnelBear is an excellent free option for people who want to use encrypted web surfing only occasionally. It also offers paid accounts at affordable rates with unlimited bandwidth. The software offered across all the supported platforms is excellent.
Popular downloads in Security
- Freegate Professional 7.90
- MessenPass 1.42
Recovers instant messenger passwords
- Hotspot Shield 12.3.3
Secure your wi-fi connection from hackers
- Asterisk Key 10.0 Build 3538
Uncover passwords hidden behind asterisks.
- CmosPwd 5.0
A cmos/bios password recovery application
- Protected Storage PassView 1.63
recovers the Protected Storage passwords.
- Hide Window Plus 4
Hide programs from taskbar and tray
- Cain & Abel 4.9.56
Password recovery tool.
- Windows Installer CleanUp Utility 188.8.131.52
Remove Windows Installer settings.
- Asterisk Logger 1.04
Reveals the passwords behind asterisks.