"CyberGhost: Hide your IP and unblock websites"
CyberGhost VPN is a virtual private network (VPN) provider. This is the software required to access their encrypted internet access service via the Windows operating system. The software can help to connect users over the web to a VPN server outside the country. Data traffic can be entirely encrypted during transit which can help to resolve local filtering and blocking of visitors to web sites from unsupported countries.
The 9.6 MB CyberGhost VPN installation package is fast to download and easy to install. The installation process wizzes through most of the process, but then sticks on 100 percent while it is still “Installing.” Near the end of the installation a new network driver is added and a Windows service is created for the CyberGhost VPN software to make use of. There is no adware or malicious software that is bundled with this package.
The CyberGhost VPN interface is grey and black in a muted look. Once a new account has been created and the account logged into, then the user can choose their VPN server to connect to. A huge world map is shown with a red balloon at your current location and your IP address displayed below it. The country VPN server can either be selected randomly or chosen from the drop-down list near the bottom of the window. A big yellow connect button sits waiting to be clicked on to start the connection process.
- Easy to use software with list of VPN services and a large connection button
- Supports multiple VPN protocols including OpenVPN
- Connect to any of the VPN plans offered by CyberGhost
- See your original IP address before masking
- View how many users are currently connected, servers available and gigabytes being transferred per second
- Make internet hotspots and cafés safer with encryption
- Overs 500 different VPN servers to connect to
- Connect to more countries than over VPN providers
- Free proxy provided for fast access without geo-location restrictions on web content
None could be found.
CyberGhost VPN is excellent software that is simple to use even for the newbie to virtual private networks. The difficulty is taken right out of using their service. Over 500 VPN servers with their extensive network, so the service covers more countries than most over VPN providers do.
Requirements: 1 GHz PC 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor; 2 GB RAM; 100 MB free on HDD;
What's new in this version: Simplified and faster installation Anti fingerprinting and content filter as your new browser protection Improved repair functions and detection of outdated or overwritten OpenVPN drivers Customizable MTU of the connection Server/Country Overview with more information and a search filter
Top user review