Review & Alternatives
"Free PC cleaner"
Wouldn’t it be great to have a software that could scan the depths of your computer to find out all the sensitive traces of your online (or offline) activities and then enables you to remove these traces from the system to increase its security as well as performance. Fortunately, there is PrivaZer which is a PC cleaner and privacy tool that can perform in-depths cleanup of traces left on your system while you browse the internet, download files, do live streaming (watch online videos), install/uninstall programs, or copy/delete files from your computer. It can even remove the residual traces of old files remaining in the free space of your system giving it more space and improving its speed as well.
In the first step, installation wizard’s language and the type of installation has to be selected. Actually, there are three different options on how you want to use the application – install it on computer (recommended), run it directly without installation, or generate the portable version (“Privazer.exe” file will be generated and placed on system which can also be copied to a USB device). If you do choose to install the application, then you will have to confirm its destination path and addition of icons for Desktop and/or Quick Launch. Besides this, you can also install some contextual menus (right-click menu) for recycle bin, drives & storages, files, and directories. It can be used on systems that run on these operating systems: Windows XP/ Vista/7/8 (32-bit and 64-bit).
The graphical interface is quite decent, modern, and intuitive.The Home screen of the window displays a dropdown box listing all the operations that it can perform including Scan in-depth, scanning of specific traces (such as internet activities, old files, registry, and so on), delete without trace, empty recycle bin without a trace, and more. For each of these options, a new screen is displayed to configure the settings for the selected operation. Also, a list of devices (including Computer, external storage device, USB Key, IPod, and more) is shown below the dropdown on which the in-depth scans can be performed.
- Everytime you visit a website, download a file from the internet, work on a software program locally, or copy/remove files on your PC, sensitive traces are left on your computer that can reduce the free space on it and also slow it down. Even worse, hackers can exploit these traces to analyze your system and recover the data with the help of some advanced techniques (like expert recovery) to analyze your PC. This is where PrivaZer has expertise in, as it can easily and securely remove all the hidden traces with just few clicks
- Unlike other software that let you perform cleanup for only your system or at max on its hard drives, this software lets you perform cleanup on various types of devices including external storage device, USB key, IPod, MP3 player, SD memory card, Netwrok storage, NAS and of course on the entire computer
- For the most effective results, you can run in-depth scans wherein the application will perform full scanning of the selected device to remove unwanted traces such as internet traces, history of used softwares, useless files, residual traces of deleted files, and so on
- In-depth cleanup can cleanup residual traces in free space areas that need to be reset to zero, plus the areas that are already set to zero are not cleaned which leads to faster cleanup speed
- Perform secure cleanup with just a single click on 'Clean' button which removes any internet traces from your system. During our testing, this process took around 25 minutes to complete (altough the application mentioned it would take one to two hours) and efficiently removed unwanted traces such as cookies, cookies flash, AppCache, DOM storage, resigtry, opened docs history, internet surfing history, jumplists, temp file, thumbcaches and much more
- In just few clicks, you can delete all the files from Recycle bin without a trace, plus you can also delete sensitive files or sensitive directories without a trace
- You can also schedule the cleanup tasks on monthly, weekly, or daily basis
CCleaner is a renowned system optimizing and cleaning tool that can remove unused files and internet history from your system and can also act as a fully featured registry cleaner. AVG PC TuneUp is a powerful optimization application that can remove internet traces and other unwanted files to speed up the system's performance. SlimCleaner is a free PC maintenance program that includes a Windows database cleaner, a privacy protector, junk cleaner, acfile shredder, and management tools to let users control services and startup items.
In a summary, this free piece of software delivers what it claims. First of all, it has the capability to cleanup multiple types of devices, and secondly, in-depth scans can be carried out on each one of them. Its performance in terms of cleaning up unwanted traces from the system was excellent and it took lesser time for cleanup than was expected from it (it took 25 minutes instead of 1-2 hours in our case). All in all, this is a must-have system optimizer which won't disappoint anyone with its performance.
Popular downloads in Security
- Freegate Professional 7.90
- MessenPass 1.42
Recovers instant messenger passwords
- Hotspot Shield 12.7.5
Secure your wi-fi connection from hackers
- Asterisk Key 10.0 Build 3538
Uncover passwords hidden behind asterisks.
- CmosPwd 5.0
A cmos/bios password recovery application
- Protected Storage PassView 1.63
recovers the Protected Storage passwords.
- Windows Installer CleanUp Utility 184.108.40.206
Remove Windows Installer settings.
- Hide Window Plus 4
Hide programs from taskbar and tray
- Cain & Abel 4.9.56
Password recovery tool.
- Asterisk Logger 1.04
Reveals the passwords behind asterisks.