- Developer Link 1 (DCPlusPlus-0.881.exe)
- Download3k US (ver 0.880, DCPlusPlus-0.880.exe)
- Download3k EU (ver 0.880, DCPlusPlus-0.880.exe)
All files are original. Download3K does not repack or modify downloads in any way. Check MD5 for confirmation.
Review & Alternatives
"Client for the Direct Connect protocol."
Essentially, DC++ is an open source peer-to-peer file sharing client that connects to the Direct Connect network. Over the years it has established itself as the predominant client used on that network and has even spawned various ‘spin offs’ based on its source code.
Getting DC++ installed is a simple step-by-step process. There is no adware to worry about and the entire process should take a matter of minutes. After installation it may take a while to configure the client itself but the automated configuration normally works wonders.
DC++ supports all recent versions of Windows including XP, Vista, and 7.
First time users tend to need a little bit of direction before they understand the Direct Connection network and how it works and the included guidance should help most people grasp the basics.
The DC++ uses a clean and uncluttered horizontal split-screen interface with the upper half containing the main content tabs such as the system log, hub list, and any open hubs. The lower half of the screen tracks the connections that have been made to other users and downloads that are in progress.
Some customization of the interface is possible, including the appearance of the text, tabs and numerous other options.
Needless to say, DC++ didn’t become the most popular Direct Connect client without good reason. Apart from the fact that it is a clean, no-nonsense and open source client, DC++ has numerous features that distinguish it from its rivals:
- Ability to connect to multiple hubs simultaneously. Granted, you will still be limited by the number of upload slots you’re willing to give out and individual hub’s policies, but being able to operate on more than one hub is definitely welcome.
- Complete mouse-over labels for guidance. Considering how daunting it can be to get to know the Direct Connect network, these notes will definitely help new users.
- Search function to help find files on hubs. The best part is that you can choose to search however many hubs you desire so long as you’re connected to them.
- Option to search for alternate sources of a file. Also, DC++ allows downloads to resume from where they left off.
All in all, DC++ is undoubtedly the smoothest and most user-friendly Direct Connect client out there.
One area in which DC++ lags slightly behind some of its current competitors is in the fact that it doesn’t support DHT. Still, considering the fact that many hubs within the Direct Connect network do not allow users to use DHT – it isn’t a particularly big weakness.
Unsurprisingly, many of the alternatives do DC++ consist of ‘mods’ that have various additional features. Some examples of these clients include ApexDC++ and StrongDC++. On the whole they are very similar to the original, but some mods may support DHT or include a plugin API.
Regardless of whether you’re a newcomer to the Direct Connect network or a seasoned file sharer, DC++ remains the one client that stands above all others. Its features and smooth functions are really all that anyone would need unless you’re specifically after some sort of plugin or DHT support.
What's new in this version: Fixed a socket race condition leading to failing connections and crashes.
Popular downloads in Network tools
- SoftPerfect Network Scanner 8.2
Fast multipurpose IP, SNMP, NetBIOS scanner.
- Netman 6.41
Netman - PC Remote Access & Control Software
- TeamViewer 11.0.64630
Remote control and online meetings
- Ammyy Admin 3.0
Ammyy Admin - Free Remote Desktop Sharing
- Free IP Scanner 3.3
A very fast IP scanner and port scanner.
- Tiny DHCP Server 1.3.5582
Tiny Dhcp Service for Windows.
- Angry IP Scanner 3.9.1
A very fast and small IP scanner.
- uTorrent 3.6.0 Build 47012
Efficient and feature rich BitTorrent client.
- Internet TV & Radio Player 5.5.2
Watch TV and listen radio stations on your PC
- StrongDC++ 2.42
Client for sharing in Direct Connect network.