"Tabbed Command Prompt, Restore Sessions"
PowerCmd is a multi-tabbed command prompt. The package can open up to four separate tabs for running different command sequences. It is also possible to run multiple consoles from a single tabbed pane which can get tricky to juggle at times.
The graphical user interface can make it easier to run complex command sequences, manage different command line interfaces and consoles all from a single application.
There is a useful auto-complete to save time repeatedly typing the same commands over and over. Keywords can be highlighted. Fonts and colors can be changed for each tab. There is an auto-log that can be reviewed to track previous commands actioned.
The PowerCmd program will be rather complex for novice user to understand at first. However, anyone who prefers using the command line to run command sequences and finds that having only one command prompt is never enough will enjoy the ability to organize themselves around several separate command panes.
The installation completed without any issues.
There was no adware, toolbar, spyware or malware included with the setup package.
PowerCmd requires Windows 2000, XP, 2003, or Vista.
There is a menu system at the top with menu options for File, View, Tools, Edit, and Help. A small toolbar includes numerous buttons, view selection options, and debug commands.
There is a search bar at the top.
Up to four command windows can be opened up which form as four square interfaces taking up most of the available screen space. Environment variables are listed down the right side pane.
- Alternative console to the command prompt that comes with Windows
- Open four tabs and numerous consoles within each open tab
- Change the background and foreground colors to quickly identify each tab separately
- View a list of Environment Variables in a separate pane to the right of the four command tabs
- Multiple viewing and layout options to choose between
- Extensive logging of previous command actions
- Search feature near the top of the interface
- Good interface for users who feel they need multiple tabbed panes to run multiple series of commands
- Complex for novice users to understand and use effectively
ConEmu is a Windows console emulator with multiple tabs and GUI options.
PowerCmd is a useful command line alternative that combines a multi-tabbed interface with a colorful appearance and strong search options.
Requirements: Windows 2000 or above
What's new in this version: Access customized tools from system tray menu, Stop scrolling when SCROLL key toggled
Top user review