"Advanced console window"
ConEmu is one of the more advanced console applications that can run different GUI apps like PuTTY inside up to 4 different tabs.
There are tabs displayed for viewers, panels, editors and consoles that are loaded into the application.
Drag and drop is fully supported to drop files into a viewer for opening.
The software disables anti-aliasing and ClearType fonts in order that all GUI console interfaces will work correctly. Regular, italics and bold fonts can be used in different places within one or more GUI consoles simultaneously.
The status bar provides additional useful information and it is also clickable to access and verify certain information too.
The installation completed without any issue. The user is required to select whether they wish to install the 32-bit or 64-bit version when attempting to install on a 64-bit version of Windows.
There was no adware, toolbars, spyware or malware included with the setup package.
ConEmu requires Windows OS.
The basic console GUI starts off simple enough. There is a tabbed interface for each open GUI window which can be selected and easily switched between. A search bar to the right can locate information buried in one of the GUI windows that is open at the time that the search is run. There are also several other buttons including a menu button.
Each GUI window is displayed inside the application window. There is a dividing line between each GUI console application shown which helps to understand where the separation is.
Further information is shown in the program status bar such as whether the CAPS lock is presently on, whether the numeric lock is presently on, etc.
- Manage different systems using up to four GUI consoles
- View four GUIs at the same time
- PuTTY app runs perfectly inside ConEmu
- Access Windows 7 Jump Lists from the Task bar
- Anti-aliasing and ClearType are disabled
- Supports some BDF fonts
- Can use regular, italic or bold fonts in different locations within the GUI consoles
- Drop and drop files directly from the file manager
- Desktop mode and transparency options
- Viewing four GUI consoles at the same is best achieved on a high resolution and a large monitor
VNC Scan Enterprise Console is a console that can remotely manage servers and workstations.
ConEmu is one of the more advanced console windows that can run different GUI apps like PuTTY inside up to 4 different tabs.
Top user review