"Beautiful screenshots and video"
Screenpresso - Screen capture is a screen capture and HD video capturing tool for Windows. Screenshots can be grabbed reasonably easily and HD video content captured from a video cam.
Stitch several captured images together to create a single panorama or collage. Images can be cropped to only show what is needed. Add rounded corners or other cool visual effects to change how images look. Create thumbnails quickly for captured images.
Screenshots can be dragged over to Gmail to add to an email. Alternatively, captured content can be shared with many different online sources like TwitPic, Facebook, OneNote, Evernote, YouTube, Email, Minus, Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3, Imgur, Flickr, Jimo, and more.
The installation provides the option whether to install a portable version or a desktop version for the current computer that the install package is running on. Once installed, the software prompts to reload the application and it also opens a web page to the software developer's web site.
There was no additional software like malware, spyware or adware added during the setup process.
Screenpresso requires a recent version of Windows. There is also an iOS version available.
The interface is an all black and gray affair with white outline tabs across the top for General, Screenshot, Sharing, Video capture, Hot keys, and Advanced.
It is possible to configure very specifically like how many captures to keep at one time, whether an image should be resized, and also offers video capture options too. The level of program configuration is impressive.
The main Screenpresso workspace is a large window with Capture, Edit, Publish and Close, plus a “Print Scr” key suggestion to create a screen print.
- Screen capture tool for Windows with delayed screenshots, screenshots using auto scroll and other features
- Video capture included too with web cam capture, highlighted cursor or clicks, and other useful refinements
- Focus a spotlight on one area
- Crop to just retain one part of a captured image
- Drag captured pictures directly over to the Gmail account
- Create thumbnails super-fast
- Android recording with the help of the integrated Android Center
- Hot keys included
- Share captures images easily with TwitPic, Facebook, OneNote, Evernote, YouTube, Email, Minus, Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3, Imgur, Flickr, Jimo, and more.
- Can create GIFs
- Provides workspaces to organize the captures
- Records video using SPV1 codec. This requires a converter like FFMPEG to turn the file into a MP4 file. This is no longer a Con. In the latest version there is an option to record directly in MP4.
Screenpresso does a good job of providing a dual screen and HD video capturing tool even though the video does need some conversion later on. The system tool is a bit cumbersome with having to open it up, select whether to capture images or video, and then proceed. However, there are hot keys to speed up the process.
Here's the basic screenshot capturing tutorial:
Top user review