"Batch photo watermark software"
uMark Professional is a powerful, yet easy-to-use application designed to protect your digital images’ copyright by adding watermarks. Despite its being a professional tool, uMark is surprisingly simplistic and transparent so all users irrespective of their technical background will find it intuitive and attractive. The copyright issue is one of the most nagging problems that bothers many people sharing their copyrighted content online - photographers, writers, seo folks, bloggers.
If your work involves a certain amount of risk, you can use this nifty tool to let your business run more on a safe side. Create your product, take a screenshot of it, watermark it and send it to your client for approval. That way, copyright infringement risks are minimized. Users can add their company name, logo, custom text, image, special characters, EXIF code. Opacity and transparency are adjustable, so is the watermark positioning and many other features. Mark supports most widespread image formats, and it also converts images from one format to another. Savvy users know the value of online security and copyright protection. We recommend this program as a simple, handy, yet feature-rich watermarking tool.
UMark requires Microsoft.Net Framework 4 installed on your PC. If you are not sure whether you have it, the installation wizard will identify if you need to download and install it for you. Just follow the wizard’s prompts and install the framework. There are no bundled adware or toolbars in either of the downloads. This is 15 days full featured trial version of a Pro edition. If you choose not to buy the Pro pack, the program will downgrade to standard pack preserving the essential features while the Pro features will be disabled. There appears a nag screen after the installation. It is also required to submit a valid email in order to activate the trial version.
The interface of the uMark is simplistic and self-descriptive. User can import image files from the file browser, from tree panel, or by using the drag-and-drop handy feature. Multiple file selection is supported which is very convenient. The source path of each file is visible in the queue. Image of text watermark adding procedure is easy and intuitive. The macro, font, size, transparency, tilting, rotation, positioning and other settings are customizable. It is also possible to change the interface language.
- uMark can integrate into Windows Explorer for faster image processing.
- BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG and TIFF image types support.
- Both logo and text watermarking are supported.
- High level of watermark customization.
- Possibility to add EXIF properties as watermark.
- It is possible to add image name, folder name, creation or modification date as watermark.
- It is possible to add multiple watermarks to one image.
- Batch processing allows to watermark multiple images simultaneously.
- Watermarks can be semi-transparent.
- Drag-and-drop feature is very convenient.
- It is possible to save watermark settings.
- It is possible to save images as PDF.
- It is possible to add QR codes as watermarks.
- uMark saves watermarked photos in a separate folder.
- It is possible to add effects to the watermarked image.
- The abundance of help menus, user guide and online video tutorials leave no room for the lazy ones to skip on this program.
- Multiple file formats support and conversion. Intuitive GUI.
- Realtime preview when changing options such as font size, color, transparency, etc.
Double-clicking on a Watermark to edit it it's just not the most obvious way to do that. An option on Right-click would have been more forthcoming.
Not a big deal but the addition of a few Keyboard shortcuts would help, once you become a regular user of the software. For instance, when editing a watermark, hitting Esc to close the edit window and leave the settings unchanged comes natural for most users, but it does not work at this point.
AlternativesPhotoshop comes on the expensive side, but it is a comprehensive image editing tool. XNView is a free and feature-rich alternative that allows watermarking among other things.
Mass Watermark andÂ Batch Photo Watermarker are also valid solutions.
uMark requires a moderate amount of system resources. The program is prompt in response and processes large numbers of files rather quickly. We had no errors during our test. Overall, we recommend this powerful watermarking tool to anyone whose copyright concerns have not been answered, yet.
Requirements: Microsoft .Net Framework 4
What's new in this version: Improved processing, better memory management. Watermarking process can be paused/canceled. Ability to drag photos from Windows Explorer to uMark.
Top user review