"Hold Image 2 is a professional DRM system."
Hold Image is a digital rights management tool that can be used to add and manage protection for images that the user wishes to share safely over the internet.
The software comes with both an editor and an image viewer as separate applications. The editing application is able to take an image, add comments to it, insert a watermark to make the image's origin more obvious to anyone subsequently viewing the image, and add author identifying information to the image. The viewing application is there to make it easier to view the final version of an image before distribution.
Images can be packed up for distribution using either an executable file or as a Hold Image Viewer file which can be accessed via the Hold Image Viewer program. A Hold Image Viewer file can also be converted to a more accessible, but less protected image format like JPG, PNG, PSD, MAX, PLN, or DWG.
Typically, these formats will either make the image less protected or completely unprotected, but it will still be possible for the image to retain the watermark unless the person accessing the image is skillful at using a program like Photoshop to try to remove the watermark later. EXIF meta data and photographer information can be subsequently removed from unprotected image files too.
The software installed without any issues.
There was no adware, toolbars, malware or spyware included with the setup package.
Hold Image requires Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Windows Server.
The Hold Image Editor is the main application (the viewer is fairly basic). This application has a wide toolbar with large toolbar buttons providing access to the most commonly used functions. Above the toolbar is a detailed menu system.
The photos can be shown on the left side of the application window. Watermark settings are shown on the right side including a preview of a new watermark to be added to a photo.
- Watermark images to protect their ownership
- Save file as an executable or Hold image file format
- Switch formats to BMP, JPG, JPEG, JPE, JFIF, PNG, GIF, TIFF, ICO, PSD, or TGA with less image protection
- Create folders and sub folders to keep watermarked images organized and separate from original versions which do not carry the watermark
- Password-protect images and folders
- Add comments to images and folders
- Add multiple images at the same time
- Batch processing to watermark a batch of images
- Password generator included
- There are graphical editors that can have complete or partial success at removing poorly-placed watermarks.
MassWatermark can help to stamp a watermark on to many images at the same time.
Hold Image is a handy application for anyone who wishes to identify the origin of an image when it is shared on the internet.
What's new in this version: * Support Windows 8.1 * Fix bugs
Top user review