"Batch Image Processor"
Sharing images with friends and family or uploading them on a social networking site can sometimes become a hassle as you have spend a lot of time and effort to resize large sized images (normally of Digital or SLR cameras) and that too one at a time. With Multiple Image Resizer .NET program you can easily and quickly edit multiple images all at once to perform operations on them such as resizing, cropping, adding text or borders, overlaying images, rotating, flipping the images, and much more. It also has a command line batch image processing scripting engine which helps in batch resizing multiple images at once, thus saving your valuable time. This program can open images in 31 different image formats and can save the processed images in 16 image formats.
Before starting the installation it should be made sure that .NET framework 4.5.2 is already installed on the system otherwise the application won’t run even after the installation is complete. On running the application installer, it checks for Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 12.0 on the system and asks you to install this as well, if it is not found. Once it has been installed, the remaining steps will be similar to that of any other program’s installer where you will have to confirm the setup installation path, location for program shortcuts, and the user for whom the program should be installed (All users or current user). After the necessary files have been installed and the settings have been saved, the program will be ready for use. It is supported by following operating systems: Windows 2008 / 2008 R2 / Server 2012 / Vista / 7 / 8.
The graphical interface of Multiple Image Resizer .NET is fairly simple, user-friendly, and instinctual. Anyone who has never used an image resizing software before can also easily edit the images with great ease. There are four major sections for the entire image processing procedure, which are – Top left section to display the selected images; the bottom left section contains tabs for different tasks (like Select Image, Processing, Resizing, Rotate, Cropping, and so on) where each task window has different set of fields and settings; the top right section to display the processed image; and lastly the bottom right section to display unprocessed image.
- With Multiple Image Resizer .NET you can select individual or even an entire image folder to the File list in case you want to perform the same operation (of resizing, cropping or rotating) on multiple images in a single go. You can even remove any unwanted image(s) or even clear all the images from the file list at once
- ‘Processing Options’ section lets you define which tasks you want to perform on your selected images and you can even assign the order in which the tasks should be applied. For instance, you can configure the tasks in this order: Resize, Rotate and Flip, Crop, Border, and finally Add Text
- There are plenty of methods available for resizing an image(s); you can select from the following methods – Height and Width (enter width and height), Percentage (enter percentage only), Scale to Width (enter width only), Scale by largest Dimension (Dimension in pixels), and so on
- You can rotate your image(s) at different angles such as 90 degree, 180 degree, or 270 degree. You can even flip your image horizontally, vertically, on in both directions
- For more well defined image, you can add one or two borders to it and even define the size for each border
- If you want to add some description or some comments (just for fun sake) to your images, you can do so from the ‘Text options’ tab which lets you add text as well as define its font, position method, and orientation
- The image processing speed is very fast, courtesy its support for multi-core processors and command line batch image processing scripting engine
- Its interface is highly customizable that includes three different themes – blue, silver, and black
- The Help file for this program is very well documented
- It is free for people who want to use it for personal and educational purposes
None found during the testing.
Light Image Resizer is a free image resizing software with which you can edit large number of files or batch image resize and even change their format. FastStone Photo Resizer is another reliable software that can resize, crop, change color depth, apply color effects, add text/watermarks/ border effects to your images and can even convert or rename them in batch mode.
Multiple Image Resizer is an efficient image resizing software that is capable of numerous other options for editing an image, apart from simply resizing it. It’s simple and intuitive interface makes it hassle-free for users of all levels, whether layman or technical experts, to resize (or edit) the images. Moreover, its flexible command line batch image processing engine can edit multiple images at once and with great speeds. All in all, this program is a must-have for users who have high-end cameras who have to handle large-sized images.
Requirements: Microsoft .NET Framework v4.5.2
What's new in this version: Maintenance release to fix an issue that some 64bit users of the software are experiencing see https://www.multipleimageresizer.net/releasehistory.aspx for more information.
Top user review