Updated1 May 2023
Downloads352 (1 last week)
"Fast Traceroute with IP country information."
CountryTraceRoute is a tool to trace a URL back through the network hops to the originating country of the IP address.
The tool displays information about each hop as it progresses. The country for each hop is also shown. The country information is based on the owner of the IP address rather than its physical location, so results can divert away from expectations at times.
There are some customization options which includes setting the timeout response time or the number of acceptable network hops.
A simple trace route tool for users who do not need anything too fancy.
There is no installation required as CountryTraceRoute is a portable app.
No adware, toolbars, malware or spyware was included in the file archive.
CountryTraceRoute requires Windows OS.
The interface for CountryTraceRoute is a simple one with a basic menu system at the top and some small toolbar icons below the menu which provides easier access to key commands.
Below the toolbars is a wide URL entry text box and a “GO” search button. Just below the text box is a drop-down box to select the maximum number of hops, and another drop-down box for the timeout setting to stop the traceroute process.
The main display area has columns for each important piece of information as the program runs through the traceroute process. The columns include hop number, IP address, host name, country, time 1, time 2, time 3, and average time.
- Look up the country associated with the owner of an IP address
- View each hop between switches and networks
- View when a hop location is up or down
- See IP address, host name, country, three response times and average response times
- Set a limit to how many hops are acceptable for a traceroute
- Set a timeout limit on a traceroute procedure
- Export results as a CSV, HTML or XML file
- Save results to the Windows clipboard
- Simple interface
- Portable app
- IPv6 protocol not currently supported
- Tool displays the country of the IP address owner which may differ from the actual location of the IP address itself
NetCrunch Tools includes a number of network tools like a WHOIS domain look up facility and a traceroute too.
CountryTraceRoute is a helpful country trace route utility that aims to provide some additional information about the location of the owner of the IP address which may be different from the actual location of the IP address.
Top user review