"Free tool for detecting MAC addresses in LAN"
Every computer connected to the local network has a network card, which can be identified (much like a virtual “fingerprint”) by a unique MAC address. Using EMCO Mac Address Scanner you can now locate all the computers connected to your network and their associated MAC address.
Here’s what you need to know about this utility:
- It can search entire sub networks, network domains or workgroups you specify
- Once the scan has been completed, you are able to save the information in XML or CSV format
- The MAC addresses you gathered can be used by other programs (for instance you run a thorough security check or start the computer remotely if it has enabled the Wake-on-LAN feature)
- Can be used with networks that span over hundreds or thousands of computers
- Multiple methods for detecting the MAC address (NetBios, WinAPI, Neighbor Discovery, WMI); if one method fails to deliver, the program switches to the next one until it receives the data
- Some of the computers will not allow you to connect and retrieve any information until you provide the proper credentials; you can manage different usernames and passwords for different workgroups in order to bypass this issue
Download EMCO MAC Address Scanner if you want to retrieve the MAC addresses for the computers connected on your local network.
Requirements: 1 GHz Intel Pentium processor or equivalent, 512MB of RAM, 250MB of free disk space.
What's new in this version: Version 1.3.2 becomes compatible with Windows 10 and .NET Framework 4.6.
Updated21 Mar 2016
Downloads1,475 (1 last week)
Top user review