"Scheduled Wake on LAN (WOL) of network PCs"
If you happen to work as a network admin, you’re going to really love what EMCO WakeOnLan has in store for you. Using just your mouse you “wake up” any computer connected to your local network. It supports big, complex networks, so you shouldn’t worry if you’re going to use it in a company environment.
Here are the key features:
- The Professional version is capable of finding automatically the MAC addresses of the computers connected by querying the DHCP servers, so it can detect and save the info even when the PCs are offline
- You can turn on a fixed number of computers by defining them manually from the saved lists of MACs or you can create an Active Directory query and then you’ll be able to work with a variable set of PCs
- Unlike other Wake-on-Lan utilities, this tool is capable of sending the WOL message simultaneously to all the computers you want
- Support for multiple types of data transmission: directed broadcast, unicast, broadcast
- Even PCs in subnets will be reachable and you’ll be able to easily send the required WOL signal
- Using this version of the software, you can decide to send the WOL messages now or schedule them for later and you can even establish the order of the commands you want to send out
- The scheduled tasks can be recurring, thus automating everything
Install this utility if you want to full control over powering up remote computers on your network.
Requirements: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor or equivalent, 2 GB of RAM, 250 MB of free disk space.
What's new in this version: Version 2.0 includes the run as a Windows service and other improvements.
Top user review