"Auto shutdown and Wake-on-LAN of remote PCs"
If you’re running a wide computer network, you can use EMCO Remote Shutdown to completely manage the status of all the connected computers. Although the name of this application might fool you into thinking it can only perform shutdown operations remotely, you’ll be pleasantly surprised to find out that it can also handle commands like: hibernate, restart, turn on (if you activate the Wake-on-LAN feature), log off, stand by.
Here are the main features for this “bad boy”:
- You can trigger any of the commands mentioned above (shutdown, reboot, etc) manually whenever you want to or you can schedule it to happen automatically at the time you specify (it can even be recurrently, like every Monday, Thursday and Friday after 10 PM)
- Save thousands of dollars on energy bills (studies indicated more than 40% of computers are left on after business hours)
- Manage all the computers in your network with just a few clicks
- Optionally you can give the remote users the option to cancel your shutdown (i.e.: someone is working overtime and he would prefer to shutdown his PC when he’s done)
- Get a detailed report once your commands have been executed remotely
Install Emco Remote Shutdown and you’ll be able to turn on or off the PCs in your network remotely (and save money on energy bills).
Requirements: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor or equivalent, 2 GB of RAM, 250 MB of free disk space.
What's new in this version: Version 6.0.8 includes a few bug fixes.
Top user review