"Network mapping and monitoring software"
DEKSI Network Administrator is a tool to monitor networks for hubs, database servers, network switches and computers on a given network.
The software can access a number of network maps for different networks within the organization. The software itself can generate the network map based on a scan of the network itself. Hosts can be found and positioned on a network diagram. The map will then monitor their state in real-time to confirm which are accessible and which are not.
A network diagram can be exported to a graphic file, as an XML schema document or as a Microsoft Visio file.
Alerts can be setup for when networks, routers, switches, database servers or computers go dark. Shared resources can be audited to ensure they are being shared fairly between users.
The software required 20.8 MB of available space to complete the setup package. The installation completed without any difficulties.
There was no adware, toolbars, malware or spyware included with the setup program.
DEKSI Network Administrator requires Windows 9X, NT, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Windows Server 2003, 2008, or Windows Server 2012.
The interface has an extensive menu for top-level options for File, Edit, View, Host, Monitoring, SNMP, Inventory, Reports, Logs, Service, and Help. There is a long slim toolbar with many toolbar buttons to access command swiftly.
Different network maps can be selected from a drop-down list with navigation buttons to moving forward and back through different maps previously seen.
Down the left-hand side are large buttons to access some network tools. The number of active tasks is displayed in the footer.
The main viewer shows all the network connections including server icons for Cisco and other server switches, hubs, SQL Server databases, and individual PCs connected on a network. There are symbols next to each PC icon indicating the type of operating system (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc) and a red X mark next to computers not connected presently (usually because they are powered off).
- Creates a network map in real-time
- Confirms which assets are currently accessible, which are connected to others on the network and what operating system they are using
- Many types of network monitoring including ICMP, TCP port, DNS, ARP and MAC address, SNMP, FTP, HTTP, NetBios, service, process, folder, file, file size, and disk space
- Alerts when network resources have stopped responding
- Export network maps to a graphic file, as a Microsoft Visio file or a XML scheme file
- Bit overwhelming list of actions that can be taken on the network; requires a network administrator to use the software effectively and safely
LAN Search Pro is software to search entire LAN network for system information and network resources
DEKSI Network Administrator is a well produced network administration tool for visualizing networks with servers, switches, routers, and PCs.
Requirements: 512MB RAM Windows 9X, NT, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Windows Server 2003, 2008, Windows Server 2012
Top user review