"upload, migrate and dedupe photos & videos."
Photos and videos are the best mediums to recall and cherish the special moments in one’s life whether it is of your best ever vacation with family, your wedding day, or your child’s first birthday. However, there are risks of losing them in situations like crashing of system’s hard disk, files corruption by virus, theft of your laptop, and other mishappenings. To avoid such irreplaceableÂ loss, turn to PicBackMan software which automates the backing up of your photos and videos on your online accounts. In addition, it can back up the photos from one online account to other and also from online accounts to your computer. This user-friendly software is capable of uploading photos to many popular websites including Flickr, Facebook, Google Drive, Picasa, Photobucket, Smugmug, and many more.
Before beginning the installation, it is recommended to close other applications so that the installer can update relevant system files without having to reboot the system. PicBackMan requires .NET framework 4 files to run and if your system does not have these files, then the installer will download and install it for you during the installation process only. This procedure plus the software’s own installation might take upto 9-10 minutes, after which the software will be ready for use. It is supported by these operating systems: Windows XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8 (32 and 64 bit).
PicBakMan has a very simple, instinctive, and well organized interface. On launching the application, you are first required to register with an account, after doing so you can start using it. Using this application is no rocket science and any individual with basic knowledge of uploading or moving photos can operate it with ease. The main toolbar has tabs for different categories such as for Photos, Videos, De-dupe, Migrate, and Accounts; functions for each category can be done by selecting the corresponding tab. For instance, in order to create backups of photos kept on your computer you need to open ‘Photos’ tab, and so on. The ‘Settings’ link lets you alter the application’s settings like allow duplicate photos, retry failed uploads, Max upload count, and adjust bandwidth usage.
- You can connect to not single but multiple online photo and video storage accounts, including the most popular websites such as: Flickr, Picasa, Smugmug, Dropbox, Facebook, Google Drive, and many more
- Backing up your most beloved photos could not have been easier; all you need to do is select and associate the photo folder with PicBackMan and then select your online accounts where you want this folder to be saved
- Same operation can be done with videos as well; associate the folder containing videos you want to backup and select the websites to create full backups of these videos
- It also shows the option to include sub-folders for backup while the main folder is being selected, thus saving your time and effort of selecting these folders separately
- You don’t need to waste time searching for duplicate photos on your online accounts as the ‘De-dupe’ feature will do that for you; it can either delete the duplicate photos or move them to “PicBackMans’ Duplicates” folder
- Make your photo sharing experience more easier with help of ‘Migrate’ feature which enables you to automatically migrate your photos and videos from one online account to another without risking deletion of photos from the source account
- In case you want to undo some features of PicBackMan, you can do so from its settings option. For example, if you do not want duplicate photos to be removed, select ‘Allow Duplicate’ option; or if you want to repeat backup of particular photos, select ‘Backup Again’ option
- It allows you to set the maximum upload count for photos and videos at a time, the Upload limit (in Kbps), and to define the time interval for auto uploading of photos
No negatives found during our testing.
A similar application and a reliable alternative for PicBackMan is Trovebox. It is a web application that aims to provide a single hub for accessing your photos which are stored on different websites. It even assists in uploading photos on your personal cloud storage accounts including Box.net, Amazon S3, Dropbox, and CX.
PicBackMan is a without a doubt one of the best photos and videos backup solution and that too free-of-cost. This all-rounder uploader is capable of monitoring the associated folders for new image files and automatically uploading them in the required account. This application is a must-have for the users who want to safekeep their ever-expanding photos and videos collection.
Requirements: No special hardware requirement. It should run on any decent Win XP system and above.
What's new in this version: More service support, video support, throttling support, multilingual, multi-account support, migrate and dedupe
Top user review