"A utility for network exploration."
You can use this utility to scan your network for vulnerabilities and fix potential issues that might be exploited. It is a tool intended for network administrators who need it to monitor the inventory, make upgrades when it’s necessary, receive alerts when computers are down, etc.
Here are the key features:
- You’ll receive detailed reports based on raw IP addresses about the operating system installed, what programs are available on the remote computers, the status of the firewalls, etc
- As the name suggests, Nmap (Network Mapper) will map all the computers available on the network, no matter the obstacles (firewalls, routers, filters, etc)
- Can handle hundreds of thousands of machines
- Support for detecting all major operating systems (Windows, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X, Sun OS, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, to name but a few)
- You have access to both the regular version and command line, particularly useful if you want to integrate Nmap with other utilities or want to run it in batch mode
- Although it’s probably not the right tool for someone who’s not very technical, it has excellent support files
- It has received numerous awards and nowadays comes packed with several operating systems (Redhat, Debian, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, etc)
- It is open source, so people around the world contribute to make it better every passing year
Download Nmap if you want to monitor and secure your local networks.
Updated7 Sep 2017
Downloads3,858 (2 last week)
Top user review