"Save your network settings as profiles!"
Net Profiles is a network assistant that can help maintain several network profiles at the same time.
The software allows for the creation of multiple net profiles that can include local area network and wireless network settings, default printer setup, mapped network drives for each network, and more.
With a quick change in selection, it is possible to switch over the IP Address, default gateway, subnet mask, both primary and secondary DNS Servers, DHCP settings and WINS Server.
The software removes the need to manually configure network settings each time the user connects to a different network. This is useful when an employee visits several branches of the business that they work for and needs to successfully connect up to the local corporate network without having to re-configure all their settings each time and then have to re-configure again when returning to their main regional office.
The software required 1.5 MB of available space to complete the setup package.
There was no adware, toolbars, malware or spyware included with the setup program.
Net Profiles requires Windows OS.
The interface is clean and fairly simple to understand.
There are options to create different network profiles and be able to switch between them easily. Among the features are network drive and network printer specification for each network profile. All other selectable options like the apps to be loaded upon a network switchover or desktop wallpaper change are easily changeable within the user interface.
- Create different network profiles for different networks / locations
- Maintain records of different IP Address, subnet masks, default gateways, primary and secondary DNS Servers, DHCP settings and WINS Server
- Switch between net profiles with a single selection
- Use different mapped network drives with every profile
- Use a different network printer
- Change desktop wallpaper depending on the net profile selected
- Create a list of programs to open when a certain net profile is activated
- Screen resolution and color depth can be altered for each net profile in case the user is accessing each network from a different desktop computer with different monitor specifications or capabilities
- Change the default web page for Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera
- Store proxy settings for Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera
- Requires .NET Framework 2.0 or later
Net Set Man can let the user also switch between network profiles.
Net Profiles is an excellent network profile manager that allows the user to create completely separate network profiles for different networks and locations which can take a lot of hassle out of accessing different networks, network printers and network drives.
Top user review