"Jolix Tag Editor is an audio metadata tool."
Everybody loves music, but some people are passionate about it, so undoubtedly they must be having a huge collection for hundreds and thousands of songs. However, to manage the metadata of each song manually, that too from a huge collection, seems like an exhausting and time taking task. Jolix Tag Editor is the tool that can make the management of your music collection very easy, quick, and trouble-free. It allows you to rename music files using tag info, fill in missing ID3 tag fields (such as artist, title, album, and more), import or export tag information, replace characters in tags and filenames, and even lets you download ID3 tags from renowned services like Amazon and FreeDB.
First things first, you have to be very careful while installing this software as there are lots of offers for third-party products popping up during its installation, which you wouldn’t want to install by mistake. Before continuing with Jolix Tag Editor’s installation, all the other running applications have to be closed so that relevant files are updated without requiring to reboot the system. You only need to confirm the setup installation path and the option to launch the tool after installation, other than that, most of the steps include offers for other products such as Strtpoint, AS Package, Cinema Plus, and KNCTR. We skipped installation for all these products, so we recommend the same thing to you. It is supported by following operating systems: Windows XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8.
Jolix Tag Editor has a simple and clean interface, rather it is so instinctive that anyone who is going to use a metadata management tool for the first time will be able to use it without having any troubles. A table is provided in the upper half window of the tool where the selected music files are displayed with details like – FileName, Status, Title, and Artist. The lower half window portion is divided into two sections – one for ID3 tag details (ID3v1.1 and ID3v2.x, and Lyrics) and the other for Status. At the bottom of window, some buttons are given to perform main functions such as – Refresh List, Directory, Write Tags, Rename Files, Remove Tags, Clean Filenames, Create Directory, and Exit.
- Using the tag info, the filename of a song can be renamed
- Information can be added in missing ID3 tag fields such as artist, title, album, genre, year, and so on
- ID3 tags can be downloaded using some popular services like FreeDB and Amazon
- While working online, ID3 tags can also be imported from an existing database into this tool using a CSV file
- Available tags can be exported for further use(s) or for backup purpose
- It supports music files for multiple types of formats including, MP3, WMA, M4A, AAC, FLAC, MPC, WV, and more
- It has the ability to replace characters (or words) in tags and filenames
- Its license is free, so no need to spend money on it
- It has a very straightforward and user-friendly interface
- Apart from managing the metadata manually, you also easily and quickly download it from popular services
- It also supports import and export of ID3 tags database(s)
MP3Tag is a reliable metadata editor that offers support for various audio formats including MP3, WMA, OGG, FLAC, MP4, and more. It has the capability to automatically rename music files based on tag information and also supports online metadata services (like FreeDB). Jaikoz Tagger is another alternative for Jolix Tag Editor that can correct the metadata information of music files using combination of acoustic fingerprinting and metadata matching from MusicBrainz and Discogs.
Jolix Tag Editor is a very nice piece of software that is indeed quite useful for music lovers to organize their large music collections. It works on low system resources, so does not take up much space in the system memory and hence does not slows down the system’s performance. Moreover, this tool is extremely easy-to-use and is free of cost, so its use is recommended to all the users.
Requirements: MS Windows
What's new in this version: Performance enhancements and small bugs fixed.
Top user review