"Jaikoz Audio Tag Editor"
Isn’t it annoying when you are trying to search certain songs through your music folder but their missing information makes it difficult for you to find them? This missing information in the audio files is known as Metadata which is stored in a tag. Jaikoz Tagger provides the solution for this problem as it is a robust yet simple tool that can update the tags for your audio files by searching through a collection of over ten million songs present on its online database named MusicBrainz. It supports tagging for multiple types of audio formats including MP3, MP4, M4A, M4P, Flac, and OGG Vorbis Files.
Java is required to run Jaikoz, so on initiating the installation it checks for its presence on your system and if it is not found then you will be asked to install Java first. After Java is installed, first of all the Jaikoz installer will ask your preferred language. Next steps will confirm details like installation path, Jaikoz packs to be installed, and creation of shortcuts in Start Menu folder or on Desktop. For the shortcuts, you can select the program group such as Games, Accessories, and Administrative tools, plus you can create shortcut for current or all the users. It is compatible with following Window versions: Windows XP/Vista/7/8.
The interface of Jaikoz might look a little messed up in the first look but it is definitely not so. Rather it has a clean, user-friendly, and intuitive interface but then again it lacks a modern touch. The window is segmented into three main panels: the top panel shows details like Genre, Artist, and Album for the listed songs; middle panel displays table to view or edit the selected song’s information; bottom panel shows multiple tabs for details like Summary, General Info, MusicBrainz, Custom, Lyrics, and more. ‘Autocorrect songs’ button to correct metadata is displayed in the toolbar at the top.
- You can manually edit the metadata of your tracks by opening them in the Edit pane; following missing or incorrect information of the tracks can be updated: Status, Title, Artist, Track No, Track Total, Genre, Year, Artwork, Album Artist, Composer, and many more
- It helps in eliminating the manual effort required to edit metadata of your songs as its online database MusicBrainz has a collection of around ten million songs which are matched with the metadata of your songs to update them with complete information
- Acoustic matching is an advanced method of updating the metadata of your songs as with the help of MusicBrainz and AcoustID, it can match your songs based on the actual music being played
- It is easier to find duplicate songs with this tool as all you need to do is enable the filter to find Duplicate AcousticID and Duplicate MusicBrainzID, which marks the duplicate tracks for deletion
- Auto correction of metadata is also available with Discogs database and information such as artist, album, title, track duration, and track number is used to match with your track
- Another smart features of this tool is AutoFormat which provides conversion of special words, automatic capitalization, and removal of invalid punctuation characters while you are manually editing the metadata
- With ‘Retrieve Acoustic Id’ feature you can locally generate an AcousticID fingerprint for your songs without even contacting AcousticID and this fields can later be used in the matching phase
- Perform correction of your song’s metadata when working offline with Local Correct feature (songs should already have a Musicbrainz ID)
- It supports tagging of various audio formats including MP3, MP4, M4A, M4P, Flac, and OGG Vorbis files
- Unattractive interface
- Trial version allows correction of only 20 songs per session
- Large setup file (35MB)
MP3Tag is a powerful application that lets you add and edit metadata to ID tags for audio file formats like MP3, WMA, OGG, APE, MPC, AAC, WAV, FLAC, and M4A. Music Tag is also an amazing utility that can automatically download missing track information as well cover art for all your songs collection by using its advanced digital fingerprinting technology.
Jaikoz Tagger is a wonderful tool for maintaining proper and complete information of your songs, which otherwise can become a painful experience. Its simple design makes it easy for anyone to update metadata information; moreover, its Help manual describes each and every feature in detail. Use of this tool is recommended to all those users who want to keep their music collection well-organized.
Requirements: Java 1.6.0_02
What's new in this version: Adds export/import to spreadsheet.
Top user review