"A disc authoring tool for the gnome desktop."
Do you want to burn CDs or DVDs from your Gnome desktop? Brasero is a program with an extremely easy to use interface which will allow you to create discs quickly.
Here’s why you may embrace Brasero as the new, default CD/DVD burner:
- As soon as you open the application you’re greeted by 4 big buttons that will define your new project (Audio, Data, Disc Copy, Burn Image)
- Able to handle multisession discs
- Checks the disc for errors once it’s completed
- Works with Joliet
- Supports libburn, growisofs and cdrtools
- For audio CDs, it can find and write CD-TEXT (using gstreamer), can convert and burn many popular audio formats like: MP3, OGG, FLAC, etc
- Can erase rewritable CDs and DVDs
- Burn .ISO and .CUE images
- A previewer for movies, images and songs
- You can drag and drop the files you want to burn
- Works with files shared on your local network too, as long as you use gnome-vfs
- Search and find files quickly (beagle)
Download Brasero if you want to burn CDs or DVDs and need a friendly looking, reliable and complex program.
DeveloperPhilippe Rouquier and Luis Medinas
Updated26 Nov 2013
Downloads268 (3 last week)
Top user review