"ManyCam is a free webcam software."
ManyCam is a free software that adds Webcam effects and graphics to videos or images on your computer, or in other simple words, turns your computer into a live video studio. This interesting software enables you to chat with your friends over several applications, play and record multiple videos simultaneously, plus you can pep up the videos with vast range of amusing effects. Its built-in Studio Pro live webcam switcher enables you to switch between various video sources and broadcast to Youtube, Skype, Ustream.tv, and more. ManyCam also has the ability to create amazing microphone audio effects to your broadcast.
The steps to setup the software are simple to follow but installation can take more time than expected. In the first step, it will ask most of the details like setup language, destination folder, components you want to be installed (quick launch shortcut, desktop icon, start menu, and so on). Next it will give recommendation to set “MyStart” as default homepage or search provider. Lastly, it will show another suggestion to install “ManyDownloader” which is a torrent application for Windows. It is up to you to enable both these options. On completion of installation, computer’s web camera is switched on automatically. It is supported by: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 (32-bit and 64-bit).
Interface of ManyCam is very intuitive, clean, bright and sober at the same time. Its layout is so simple that irrespective of the technical background level, anyone can start using this software right away. The control panel is basically divided into four main groups that are: For Video, thumbnails (for multiple videos, effect or gallery), selected effects, and enhancement tools (for Image, audio, playlist, text etc). The “ManyCam” menu list shown at top left of window provides various features like online help, tutorials, and settings (for setting locations to save audios, videos, snapshots, and more).
- You can pep up your videos with Effects feature, whether it is live video, chat video or any other video playing from the system/website. You can choose from wide range of effects including, Filters (Alien, Cartoonizer, Old movie), Distortions (Fire, Flame), Backgrounds (Gothic, Office), Objects (Balloon, Frog, Sun), Face Accessories (eyeglass, Cone hat, cat face), and much more
- The Webcam can be used with multiple applications simultaneously including Skype, Ustream, MSN, and many other webcam applications
- ManyCam gives you the freedom for drawing or adding text to the live video broadcast, be it while chatting on social networking site or while playing a media file
- It allows you to broadcast multiple videos at the same time and you can view anyone of them in the “Videos” panel by clicking “Trans” button shown above video thumbnail (However more than 2 videos cannot be added to the list unless Pro version is used)
- Microphone audio effects can also be added to your broadcast. In the Audio tab, “Add Microphone” option lists microphones of a computer and the chosen microphone is used as audio capture for many applications and websites
- You can use switcher (shown at the bottom of Videos panel) to either take snapshots (by selecting camera icon) or recording a video clip (selecting video icon), which are saved in the Gallery tab
- YouTube video source feature enables you to stream Youtube videos in your main Live panel as an output video feed
- Some of the effects reduce the video clarity, for instance, if a Background like ‘Gothic’ is selected the picture becomes blurry and deformed; Face accessories movement is not precise and would have been better if user was given its control; with Distortions like ‘Matrix’ the picture is hardly visible
- ManyCam.com watermark is a distraction which never leaves the Videos panel
- Unregistered version lets users view only 2 videos simultaneously
- By default the Webcam is turned on after installation, so one needs to be alert lest private life is broadcasted on web world
WebcamMax and CyberLink YouCam are good alternatives for Manycam. WebcamMax is a powerful software that lets you add videos, pictures and effects to virtual or real Webcams and broadcasts these on messenger services such as AIM, MSN, Skype, Yahoo, Stickam, and more. CyberLink YouCam is an all-in-one Webcam and camera utility that is capable to edit photos and videos, add special effects and filtering, create video presentations with narration, desktop animation, and organize videos and photos as well.
ManyCam is a reliable and fun-to-use Webcam manager with multiple intriguing features and is free-of-cost. Users looking for a tool that will let them stream multiple videos and audios over several applications, chat over different messengers at the same time with exciting effects, and even create live video presentations of their own desktops, should definitely try out this amazing software.
Requirements: * Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 * Intel Core i3 or faster * 2GB RAM
What's new in this version: * Drag & drop animated effects * Download effects from in-app effect store * Improved UI design, easier to change color grading, FPS, resolution & add audio sources * Improved drawing: better sharpness, cool stamps, shapes * Resizeable effects * Improved Chroma Key speed, auto-setup, spill
Top user review